Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
The payroll lead, reporting to the Payroll Manager, coordinates the payroll processing activities of the Payroll Department for Steward Health Care
- Supervise and lead the overall payroll function.
- Lead the payroll staff with all payroll processing functions.
- Work with Payroll manager to coordinate correct and consistent application of hospital policies, pay practices and collective bargaining agreements for hourly and salaried employees.
- Interact with department managers and respond to inquiries in a timely, helpful and friendly fashion.
- Advises, interprets and provides direction to management and employees on union contracts, corporate rules and procedures, federal, state and local laws and regulations involving payroll, and the correct utilization of the Kronos timekeeper and payroll system.
- Supervise, prepare and deliver accurate paychecks, tax calculations, deductions and maintenance of the payroll system.
- Implement and process special issues such as severance pay, salary liens, court orders and subpoenas for payroll records.
- Inform payroll staff and clarify changes in hospital policies and employee benefits.
- Ensure employee maintenance is correct and up-to-date as supplied by Human Resource personnel.
- Reviews and reconciles interfaces from Kronos timekeeper and payroll system
- Coordinate the processing of W-2 forms and prepare reconciliation of all Federal, State and local tax filings correctly in accordance with the most recent federal and state requirements.
- Assist management with special cost studies relating to payroll expenditures as requested.
- Monitor the Kronos timekeeping and payroll operating systems; and the implementation of future financial system upgrades or enhancements.
- Review and test new pay rules configuration, earnings and deduction codes, and benefit calculations before moving to live system
- Train and communicate to management and staff changes and updates on Kronos timekeeper and payroll systems
- Assist with Kronos implementations for new Steward acquisitions and the conversion of payroll systems to Kronos.
- Researches, analyzes and assists with resolving problems or questions presented by co-workers, management, employees, and unions and/or outside agency representatives.
- Maintain the integrity of confidential data.
- Update policy/procedure manuals.
- Develop and coordinate departmental work plan to ensure efficient operations and timely payroll production.
- Organize departmental work to maximize personnel resources.
- Provide the most efficient and effective service possible.
- Lead department personnel and coordinate work activities.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment.
- Orient and train personnel to all department policies and procedures.
- Monitor productivity and morale levels to promote efficiency.
- Document performance issues and/or problems as necessary.
- As needed or required, provide supervision, training, feedback and performance evaluations for the Payroll staff.
- Develop and implement professional development activities for all direct reports.
- Obtain necessary professional development to ensure knowledge of payroll issues and laws is thorough and up-to-date.
- Perform other work related duties as requested. Display flexibility, cooperation and characteristics of a team leader
- Coordinates the payroll staff in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Associates degree with a concentration in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Three-Five years payroll/accounting experience preferably in health care environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define and resolve problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks