Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Human Resources
at Steward Health Care System
Plan, direct and manage the Human Resources function to ensure the implementation of sound recruitment, orientation, employee/labor relations, benefit administration, compensation, diversity, awards and recognition, employee development, performance management, and retention programs. Establish local policies and communicate corporate policies. Operate with a high degree of independence and regularly use judgment and discretion in accomplishing goals and objectives. Works with and consults corporate Human Resources Department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the development of departmental plans, goals, mission, policies/procedures, budget. Ensures selection, training, monitoring and evaluation of departmental staff.
- Develops/implements HR plan for clinic including recruitment, selection, promotion/transfer, orientation, compensation and benefits administration, labor relations in collaboration with management team. Educates/advises administrative and clinical managers on personnel issues including termination, labor disputes, morale. Provide technical oversight of Human Resources programs and systems to ensure compliance with corporate policies and federal, state and local laws.
- Develop recruitment strategy, advertises positions, and screens candidates for the selection of qualified staff to meet the operating needs of the organization. Verifies final candidate(s) employment references, negotiates salary, and may extend offer of employment verbally and in writing.
- Practice open-door policy to encourage employees to discuss concerns. Facilitate peer-to-peer and employee-manager discussion resolve conflict and to ensure consistent and lawful treatment of employees. In coordination with management, resolve employee conflicts to maintain a positive working environment
- Provide administration and support of record keeping and reporting requirements including, but not limited to
, FMLA, COBRA, workers compensation, employee compensation, retirement system, benefits administration, short-term disability, staff turnover, HRIS applicant tracking/position control and job files, and employee personnel files. May include safety and health functions to include but not limited to OSHA reporting and employee injury reports. Recommends changes to policy and training to ensure compliance with laws and regulations. ADA
- Provide HR, diversity and other training to staff and management to increase morale, effectiveness, productivity and knowledge of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Conduct and analyze salary survey data and recommend changes to employee compensation / benefits to ensure competitiveness with local market.
- May represent company at hearings, trials and other legal venues to minimize potential financial loss.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field, or equivalent training and experience required.
- Advanced degree and or Human Resources Certification Institute certification desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of human resources practices, laws and regulations required.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience as a Human Resources generalist required.
- Minimum of two years experience in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent counseling, verbal and written communication skills required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Skill in staying abreast with the state-of-art in employment, labor, compensation, government regulations related to personnel. Skill in gathering/analyzing objective and subjective data on personnel matters and facilitation resolution. Skill in advising/educating managers on best HR practices including employee training, motivation, development, discipline/termination.
Ability to role model effectively with many types of people at all levels including as an employee advocate, a manager counsel and a physician resource. Ability to direct the best use of the human resources management information system in reporting statistics. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.