State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Transcation Tech 2
at State of Georgia
Any givenposition will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has beenreceived.
Due tothe high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide thestatus on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured thatyour resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you areselected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
Central State Hospital (CSH) isin Milledgeville, the lake country of central Georgia and is Georgia'santebellum capital. CSH is approximately 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hoursand 30 minutes from Savannah and 1 hour and 45 minutes from Augusta.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, enters and processes personnel and payroll transactions. Compiles and files employment reports. Searches files and furnishes information to authorized persons.
- Calculates and initiates payroll computation and deductions and enter data into computer system. Completes employment entry processes for new employees.
- Enters and verifies personnel transactions. Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Processes enrollments and changes and responds to questions regarding the benefit programs. Provides information to agency staff regarding transactions or other personnel related issues.
- Provides information to employees and others on payroll matters, tax issues, and benefit plans. Resolves personnel transaction problems. Reviews and processes personnel and/or position transactions.
- Schedules and monitors the sorting and distribution of employee paychecks.
- Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
- Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
- SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
- Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
- TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATEBACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience performing human resources related functions OR High school diploma or GED AND One year of post-secondary education at an accredited college or university.