St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Assistant
at St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits to address your unique needs.
Health & Wellness
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Retirement & Savings
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Loan Repayment
Work & Life Balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Low Cost parking
- Up to 20% employee discount-Gift shop, onsite Café and Cafeteria
St. Joseph Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs support duties for HR functions. Assists with various clerical tasks within the department, answers incoming phone calls, responds to employee and applicant questions, process of new hires. Assists HR Director and HR Staff with ongoing processes and special projects. Human Resources Department is a resource department for department directors to provide assistance in the recruitment, hiring, orientation, and retention of qualified, competent staff for the care of the patients in the facility. The department maintains files for each employee, processes all wage and salary actions, maintains the benefit programs and assists in promoting fair and equitable treatment of staff.
The Human Resources department aggregates data regarding staff competency and provides reports to Administration and the Governing Board on a regular basis.
The Human Resources department is open Monday through Friday from the hours of 0730 until 1630.
The HR Director is also available 24 hours day/7 days per week.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One year office, clerical experience, required
- Previous experience in Human Resources, preferred.
- Previous experience in Healthcare, preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
Bi or Multilingual.