Spring Window Fashions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources, US Operations
at Spring Window Fashions
- Requisition ID
- # of Positions
Springs Window Fashions (SWF) has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
At SWF, our talented HR team consists of dedicated individuals motivated by their passion for people and providing the best experience for our customers within our fast-growing company. Our department strives to uphold our cultural beliefs in all aspects of the business and encourages innovative thinking through self-accountability and associate engagement.
This position is responsible for leading the U.S. HR Manager team and setting direction for our function, using a collaborative teaming approach. This Leader will help position our U.S. operations as the local Employers of Choice in their communities through HR strategy and execution. This will be done through engaging our associates and ensuring processes are aligned with the organization's Best Experience vision. The expectation is that this Leader will engage strategically at the organizational and local levels to ensure best practices are developed, shared and implemented across all locations. The core challenges of this position will be to successfully become a Springs Window Fashions organizational business partner who leads, directs and executes actions that support our U.S. operations in a manner consistent with our Best Experience culture.
Human Resources Team Leadership
1. Actively lead the U.S. HR Manager (HRM) team to ensure they are delivering key results.
2. Sets direction for all U.S. plants to ensure that the culture, processes and systems are in place to attract, retain, develop and reward a qualified workforce.
3. Ensures accountability to U.S. HRM’s and their teams for executing plans and strategies through clearly defined objectives and timelines.
Execution of Strategic Initiatives
1. Drive key HR leadership initiatives including safety, productivity, quality and service expectations that will best serve the company's overall goals.
2. Report regularly to the Organization's HR and Operations Leaders to ensure clear lines of communication are established, remove obstacles, and facilitate changes that will ensure success.
3. Works with U.S. HRM’s to develop and implement programs, processes, and communication that support the strategic direction of the organization.
Culture & Community
1. Create an environment that fosters a strong relationship between SWF and our Associates, establishing SWF as the Employer of Choice.
2. Enhance the working environment and culture to minimize turnover.
3. Works collaboratively with U.S. HRM’s to integrate Springs’ Best Experience culture including: conducting associate surveys, People Matter meetings, analysis of results and corrective action-planning.
Planning & Development
1. Build business acumen among associates and managers by assessing organizational and individual development needs.
2. Through the succession planning process, position the company to be able to meet key talent requirements with internal promotions.
3. Direct the performance management process for the U.S. locations using assessment tools and systems that will develop/enhance skills and competencies of all associates.
4. Manage performance expectations through coaching, mentoring and counseling of associates while developing leaders in the process.
Policies, Procedures & Compliance
1. Remain abreast and ensure compliance with all applicable U.S. employment laws.
2. Continuously leads the integration of the operations into SWF processes, systems and expectations.
Functional Areas (Recruitment, Compensation, Safety, etc.)
1. Manage the recruitment processes to ensure a qualified workforce is in place to service customers efficiently and effectively.
2. Oversees the development and implementation of creative, innovative and cost-effective recruitment strategies at the plant level.
3. Assesses wage and benefit trends in labor market area, utilizes information as a benchmark to maintain competitiveness.
4. Environmental, Health & Safety - Ensures processes and procedures are in place that provide associates with a safe and secure environment in which to work.
5. Works with finance to prepare annual budgets for recruitment, associate relations, compensation, benefits, training and development, communications, etc. Manages expenses to the approved budget.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or the equivalent
* 5+ years of experience leading a multi-site HR function
* Experience working for a multinational manufacturing company
* Advanced working knowledge of associate recruitment, selection techniques with a heavy emphasis on engagement and retention
* Advanced knowledge of positive associate relations principles and practices
* Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining working relationships
* Excellent written and oral communications with a facilitative style
* Ability to plan, implement and drive the project work of teams and self with measurable results
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
Plan and Align
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals