South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (PCN123)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm
South Peninsula Hospital is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join their dynamic leadership team. The Director controls, organizes, staffs, and supervises the overall operations of the Human Resources Department and Employee Safety Programs to ensure the cost-effective operation of these areas. S/he works with all levels of management to provide consistent staffing, health, safety, security, compensation, benefits, and education of all employees. The Director is responsible for maintaining frequent contact with representatives of federal and state agencies, vendors, recruiters, benefit representatives, trainers, physicians and their office staff, employees and/or their families, department and division managers, CEO and the employees of other community and state-wide facilities along with the general public. This individual must be an effective problem-solver and able navigate various conflict management modalities. This is an outstanding opportunity for a human resources executive to grow within an innovative organization and to help shape the culture, lead in collaboration, and implement best practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of HR experience in a hospital setting; previous union experience required.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills. Keen diplomatic and negotiation skills to deal with employees across all levels and departments.
- Strong ability to provide training to office staff and managers in day to day human resources activities.
- Perform work with attention to detail, manage an acceptable workload, maintain accurate and confidential records.
- Contribute to a pleasant, positive work environment.