Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
Provide Human Resources leadership and support for RVC which includes, hourly, nonexempt, exempt and temporary workforce. Manage Human Resource activities which include recruitment, employee relations, training, and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action administration, compensation recommendations, benefits, workers compensation and unemployment compensation. Manage all aspects of the safety programs, including security of facility. Oversee payroll, accounting activities and ordering of supplies. Oversee all maintenance activities, including contractors. Assist Facility Manager and function in back-up capacity as necessary.
- Implement progressive HR practices and programs to maintain a non-union workforce.
- Coach, train, assist and support Management regarding HR issues.
- Oversee and ensure that all disciplinary actions are administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to a variety of personnel policies. Coach management relative to application of policies.
- Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relations issues directly or through advice to management. Coach employees and management on issue resolution.
- Manages and oversees the recruiting process for all level of candidates: exempt, non-exempt and hourly associates. Ensures positions are posted according to procedure, reviews resumes and applications and shares with the management staff, coordinates advertising with the media and negotiates rates with advertisers.
- Oversee payroll and accounting activities.
- Manage all aspects of the safety program, including training, written programs, documentation and OSHA compliance.
- Responsible for the administration of the Workers Compensation program.
- Coordinate and oversee the Business Continuity plan, which includes, keeping it current and active.
- Oversee all maintenance activities, including obtaining quotes and ensuring contractors are held to safety standards.
- Manage the security of the facility including overseeing security guards.
- Oversee coordination of GPTW events and benefit programs.
- Personnel Development
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably distribution environment.
- Knowledge of HR Laws (Federal and State)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues is required
- Results oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Coaching and negotiation skills.
- Experience with MS Windows, MS Office/Outlook and HRIS systems.
Competencies in the following areas:
- People skills
- Performance management
- Corrective action
- Training and development
- Problem solving and Decision Making
- Aligned with “Who We Are”
- Interpersonal skills
- Approachable and Professional
- Customer Focused
- Dependable and Flexible
- Demonstrates Integrity
- Proactive, Self-motivated, with Drive and Initiative
- Problem solver
- Detail Orientated and Analytical
Physically must be able to:
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Properly lift up to 50 lbs., push or pull 100-200 lbs.
- Use fingers and hands; reach with hands and arms.
- Often climb up/down stairs, sit, stand, and walk.
- Occasionally balance, crawl, crouch, kneel, pull, push, or stoop
Must support our Mission statement, Safety Philosophy & Value Creation statement.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran