Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SHIFT MESSENGER
We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren’t stopping there. We aim to bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for a self-starter who loves the thrill of hiring top talent in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Someone who is looking to have more impact in their role and has the desire and ability to build new processes, shape Shift’s employment brand, scale the culture, and a whole lot more. You will partner directly with hiring managers and company leadership to understand their unique hiring needs and then execute the strategy to identify and attract top talent. Ambiguous tasks excite you, and you see opportunity versus challenge when it comes to building something that no one at Shift, or in the industry, has built before.
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to meet you.
What you'll do
- Drive the full cycle recruiting process by sourcing and screening talent across various business units, guiding candidates through the interview process, extending offers and helping to think of creative and strategic ways to close candidates.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and senior stakeholders to understand their hiring needs and proactively translate that into a positive candidate and interviewer experience.
- Build a diverse pipeline of candidates using creative sourcing channels including employee referrals, networking, internal databases, and innovative research tactics for nice areas and “hard to fill roles”.
- Ensure that candidate tracking is up to date and compliant in our ATS (Greenhouse) while maintaining data integrity and report recruiting metrics as needed.
- Identify and build process improvements that will help the recruitment team scale its efforts for years to come.
- Flex between non-technical and technical hiring if open headcount volume warrants additional help.
- Drive events and programs for Shift’s recruiting and employment brand efforts.
What we ask for
- 3-5 years of full cycle corporate recruiting experience ideally in a high volume startup environment.
- Experience working with business teams and recruiting for various corporate and administrative roles, including but not limited to technical recruiting.
- A strong drive to source, attract, and secure talent of varying experience levels and backgrounds, with a focus on building a diverse pipeline.
- Strong knowledge and experience with an industry ATS (we use Greenhouse at Shift!)
- Proven track record of hitting hiring goals and forming positive relationships with hiring managers.
- Experience coaching hiring managers and helping them develop strategic recruiting plans.
- Experience assessing ambiguous problem spaces and building programs or solutions to address business objectives.
Our company depends on balance and equality — between buyers and sellers, among employees, and in our relationships with customers.
Our mission to evolve car ownership and transform an industry is a challenging one. It can only be achieved by a team of diverse problem-solvers — engineers, designers, business people — from the same broad demographics as our customers.
Why join now?
We’ve built a small but highly talented team backed by >$275 million in funding from investors like DFJ, Goldman Sachs, BMW, and Nissan. In October 2018 we announced a deep partnership and a $140m round led by the third largest auto retailer in the US, Lithia Motors. With strong product-market fit and a great business in California, the next two years will be focused on scaling the business nationally.
Shift is the Bay Area’s #1 seller of used cars with $150 million in cars sold per year. We’re serving most of California and are gearing up to scale to new markets. With a solid business model and no clear winner in our space yet, this is a hugely exciting time to join the team.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.