Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RECEPTIONIST - HR (SPANISH SPEAKING)
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
Maintain the flow of individuals entering through the administrative entrance. Proven communication and interfacing abilities, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a busy front office environment. Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
- Makes copies and scans correspondence or other printed materials, as needed.
- Maintain calendars, exercising judgment and tact in coordinating meetings and schedule appointments for internal and external guests, as well as reschedule, when necessary.
- Prioritizes, distributes, and prepares incoming and outgoing mail, including e-mail and faxes for the casino.
- Greets casino visitors, receives applicants and routes visitors to appropriate areas.
- Provides assistance, preventative maintenance and trouble shooting for human resource self service kiosks.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, screens calls and assists directly with routine inquires.
- Be aware of business activities and events as they relate to the department and the entire property.
- Maintain a strong commitment to provide support for the casino’s initiatives, programs, goals and special projects.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence, documents and records, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- High school diploma or GED required. Undergraduate Degree a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Must have computer capabilities.
- Must have knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software required with use of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access preferred.
- Must have knowledge of HRIS software systems with use of Infinium software preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature while exercising sound judgment in problem resolution and actively participates in making recommendations. Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read and interpret written information. Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar and varies writing style to meet needs.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment in handling a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to use electronic equipment including computers, adding machines and calculators.
- Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility as needed to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Must be able to sit for a long durations of time.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Copiers, fax machines and other traditional office equipment, as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee duties are performed indoors in a climate controlled and second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.