Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transitional, Post-Acute Discharge Planner - FT - Surprise
Santé Rehabilitative Services is seeking a Transitional, Post-Acute Discharge Planner with LPN experience preferred. The Discharge Planner (Care Connect Advocate) will provide patient referral support for the Home Health and Hospice divisions. This position is based at our Surprise rehab property and works closely with all departments to ensure a high level of care service is provided to each patient. The Post-Acute Discharge Planner coordinates a continuum of services and care options for patients, including assessments of patient and family needs via telephonic and in-person interactions. Santé offers full-time employee benefits including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/pet/disability), PTO, paid holidays, 401 (k) savings, wellness discounts and employee assistance programs (travel, legal, counseling)
- In collaboration with the Rehab property staff, the Post-Acute Discharge Planner assesses potential guests who would benefit from further care provided by Santé Home Health and/or Hospice.
- Builds relationships with guests to assess, identify and educate appropriate options for continuing healthcare service to maximize post-acute care outcomes.
- Completes the clinical intake assessment for further Santé services. Coordinates all needs post-discharge for patients leaving the Santé inpatient setting, transitioning to home health or hospice, including patient’s placement referrals, durable medical equipment (DME), and other community agency referrals as appropriate.
- Establishes and builds productive relationships with community agencies, community living management, external providers and other Santé properties and Liaisons to market Santé Home Health and Hospice as care alternatives.
- Attends weekly Utilization Review (UR) meetings to identify and understand post-discharge service needs for all patients.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a care management or discharge management role in post-acute healthcare.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and results in the service coordination process for patients, including home health, or hospice.
- Able to build relationships with community agencies, contacts, locations and internal colleagues resulting in increased care service by Santé divisions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred
- Current LPN/LVN license through the Arizona State Board of Nursing, or hold a compact LPN license, preferred
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.