Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
International HR Partner
at Samaritan's Purse
Serve with us in Human Resources!
We are seeking an International HR Partner. As an International HR Partner, you will serve as a strategic business partner for the International Projects department and assigned field offices. With recruitment being the main focus, you will also be able to assist, advise, and liaise with HR subject matter experts in compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, retention and compliance. A typical day could include developing recruiting strategies, reviewing applicants, building pools of qualified candidates, conducting interviews, and cultivating effective working relationships with hiring managers. In addition, you will also be given the opportunity to share best practice knowledge in staffing and team development, as well as other HR functional needs.
Are you interested in utilizing your recruitment and HR skills to have a global, kingdom impact? If so, we invite you to apply today!
**This position is based in Boone, NC. We are unable to accommodate for remote or freelance work.**
A day in the life of an International HR Partner:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of an International HR Partner, you will:
- Partner with leaders to create strategies to close talent gaps.
- Facilitate full-cycle hiring process from requisition to placement.
- Conduct intake meetings and develop recruiting strategies for every job requisition.
- Actively build a qualified applicant pool and network through active and passive sourcing/pipelining.
- Provide consultative advice throughout screening, interviewing, and decision making processes.
- Assess and initiate employee relations steps, including performance improvement plans, and direct any items that may need escalation to the Director, Staff Care and Development to investigate and document issues.
- Provide sound HR advice to international field HR staff under the leadership of the Country Director, International Projects’ regional management, and International Headquarters HR teams.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and three to five years of related general human resources experience including recruitment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 12-credit hours of college-level biblical studies required.
- Human Resources and/or Recruiter certification(s) preferred
- The equivalent of one-year of international work experience while living in another country as an expatriate preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal direction; must have a high level of adaptability to changing demands.
- Strong presentation skills; results oriented with strong customer-service and professional attitude.
- Ability and confidence to make strategic decisions; must have a high level of discernment.
- Ability to build consultative, collaborative relationships; works as proactive advisor; act with diplomacy and tact, and is direct and truthful; respond effectively to the reactions and positions of others.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of human resources, recruiting, and employee relations best practices; knowledge of applicable HR and employment law.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)