Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
International Compliance Officer
at Samaritan's Purse
Do you have an investigative background, raising the awareness of risk and advising on how to maintain a high level of accountability? We are searching for an International Compliance Officer. If you have great people skills with a firm grasp of corporate compliance and experience communicating up, down, and across the employee chain, this may be where God is calling you to serve!
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
This position ensures accuracy and compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and governmental guidelines while ensuring Samaritan’s Purse compliance programs are effective in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations. The breadth of policy compliance oversight includes, but is not limited to, conduct prohibited in the Financial Misconduct, Child Protection and Safeguarding, Corruption and Bribery, Money Laundering, Human Trafficking, and Terrorism policies.
This opportunity allows you to:
- Provide reasonable assurance to senior management and the Board that there are efficient policies and procedures in place, well understood by all employees, and that Samaritan’s Purse complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop, and periodically revise, the annual compliance plan reflecting Samaritan’s Purse strategies, processes and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Oversee and monitors implementation of the compliance program and coordination efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations.
- Receive complaints concerning Reportable Acts and initiates investigations by convening the Whistle-blower Investigative Team (W.I.T.).
- Provide guidance, advice, and training/education programs to improve the ministry’s understanding of related laws and regulatory compliance.
- Lead coordination of internal compliance review and monitoring activities including periodic review of departments.
- Provide written reports of activities, investigations and other matters to the Chief Operating Officer, Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, Board Consultants, and appropriate management.
- Independently investigates and acts on matters related to compliance.
We ask that you bring:
- Great people skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Ethical, fair, and principled character
- Diligent and proactive - keen alertness to potential compliance breaches
- Strong conviction - Ability to make difficult decisions
- Excellent Integrity
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or Finance; and a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in regulatory compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)