Ropes and Grey
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ropes and Grey
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today’s 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clients—which include many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions—ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
The Compensation Analyst will serve as a critical resource for all compensation related matters at Ropes & Gray. The position will conduct data analysis related to the design, administration, delivery, and ongoing evaluation of lawyer and business support compensation programs. The Compensation Analyst will help ensure programs attract, retain, motivate, and reward employees while ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness. Responsibilities will include job description evaluation, market pricing, survey administration, annual performance increase and bonus administration, reporting and analysis, and participation in other compensation and recogition program design and projects.
- Assists with the assessment of current compensation levels and mix relative to the external market and internal peers.
- Assists in the rollout and maintenance of compensation philosophy and framework, which includes grade levels, salary bands, and compensation ranges.
- Provides guidance on the firm's governance framework and facilitates the approval process.
- Recommends and determines the appropriate titling structure/convention and job families.
Analyzes compensation policies and practices in relation to wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommends changes as appropriate to align with compensation philosophy.
- Prepares analytics, summaries, and training materials for HR business partners and managers.
- Supports HR business partners, generalists, and managers with compensation issues, new position evaluations, compensation recommendations for offers, promotions, and adjustments, and updating current job descriptions.
- Conducts and participates in compensation surveys conducted by other companies, consultants, and independent third parties to ensure access to relevant market data.
- Evaluates market, legislation, and economic trends to recommend adjustments to compensation practices.
- Performs audits and analyses of compensation data to ensure the firm is compliant with local, state, and federal regulations and consistent in the administration of the firm’s compensation policies and practices.
- Evaluates, assesses and administers rewards and recognition programs to ensure firm offerings are best in class.
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects.
- Serves as a liaison for compensation with other functional areas including benefits, HRIS and payroll.
- Responsible for maintenance and integrity of data housed in compensation specific databases and systems, including work with HRIS team to ensure systems meet compensation needs and are updated to reflect changes to job catalog, pay incentive programs, etc.
- Supports annual compensation processes, including preparing analysis and documentation to illustrate outcomes from processes.
Manage projects from start to finish. Track project milestones and deliverables; liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing, timely, and concise basis; proactively manage changes in project scope and devise contingency plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, math, human resources or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of compensation experience.
- Must be a self-directed, organized, detail-oriented, results-driven individual, with a commitment to quality and accuracy
Service-oriented approach: flexible, proactive management of expectations, unflappable in the face of change. Ability to think strategically and systemically (i.e., "connect the dots").
- Functional knowledge of statistics as applied in a business environment is essential.
- Creative, analytical, and results-driven orientation, demonstrated through the ability to draw conclusions from data analysis, make recommendations on findings, and communicate results effectively.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Organization and project management experience with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and produce quality deliverables on time.
- Ability to work independently, have a sense of accountability, as well as work cooperatively in a close team environment
- Ability to keep confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Prior experience working with HRIS system(s); PeopleSoft experience preferred.