Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Support and Benefits Systems Analyst
at Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston is seeking candidates for a Parish Payroll Operations/Benefits Systems Specialist. This position, working as part of the Benefits Department, will serve as the primary liaison between the Archdiocese payroll/HRIS system and the parishes and other entities utilizing the payroll platform, and the Pastoral Center Departments that rely on payroll data, including the Benefits and Finance Departments. The position will also provide support for data interfaces between the payroll and online benefits enrollment platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as primary contact and resource for location administrators for payroll processing and data population questions and concerns.
· Supervise daily data transfers between payroll and benefits vendors and troubleshoot as needed.
· Maintain data integrity through periodic audits and analysis, coordinating with Benefits Manager on audit fallout issues.
· Support Benefits Department with payroll system upgrades and data exchange automation to send information to benefits online enrollment vendor and other databases as needed.
· Support Finance and Parish Finance as needed with G/L data exchange, including INTACCT implementation, Collaborative Parish payroll upgrades, auditing of payroll data for tax set-up/other legal issues and compliance with RCAB standards, calendar- and fiscal year-end education, reporting and other needs.
· Provide ongoing training and education on payroll and online enrollment system for location administrators.
· Research tax questions as they arise, coordinating with Finance and Parish Finance Departments.
· Serve as backup for Pastoral Center payroll processing.
· Provide reports to other Pastoral Center Departments as needed.
· Provide support to Benefits Department staff on issues relating to payroll data and various benefit plans (plan information posted at www.bostoncatholicbenefits.org).
· Coordinate addition and termination of location administrator access with payroll and online enrollment vendors.
Skill / Requirements
· Bachelors degree and 5+ years of web-based payroll experience in a multi-location employer environment, preferably in a leadership or strategic role, plus experience in employee benefits administration.
· 3+ years experience with web-based HRIS systems.
· Experience with IOIPay and payment of ordained clergy a plus.
· Knowledge of Federal and State payroll tax regulations.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
· Strong service orientation.
· Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
· Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
· Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
· Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position will be located in the Braintree office of the Archdiocese of Boston or a nearby parish.