Rocky Vista University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Partner for the Southern Utah Camp
at Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, Utah has an immediate opening for an
Human Resources for the Southern Utah Campus.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Establish, provide and advance the Employee Value Proposition and related Human Resource services for our new, state of the art, Southern Utah(SU) campus to support the delivery of healthcare education, especially in rural areas and the military, to achieve new heights in medical education.
This is a special opportunity in executing HR generalist skills as the first HR hire in building the campus HR department from the ground floor. Partnering with the Vice President and SU Campus Dean, faculty and staff leadership, you will be responsible for the day to day HR operational issues while ensuing alignment to RVUs strategic objectives. You will be hands on with HR life cycle administration while providing best practice advice and solutions.
You will work with leadership, the campus community and the HR Colorado team to strengthen and support our capacity for diversity and inclusion in thinking, ideas, representation and contribution including teaching, research, service and care.
This talented individual will have passion for a great candidate experience, employee success and an engaged community where employees, students, and community feel welcomed, a sense of belonging and growing together. This will require innovation, humility, measurable effort and results while feeling the joy of our mission centered work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute at a high level in building the on campus components of the HR life cycle with special emphasis on talent management and development, workplace culture, total rewards, compliance and risk assessment while processing the associated transactions.
- Support leaders in the integration of the Employee Value Proposition for employee engagement to achieve educational and operational outcomes for student success
- Assist with and investigate employee relation matters including job performance issues regarding conduct, policy or compliance problems.
- Administrative execution through healthy processes while utilizing, leveraging, and integrating technology in key record areas including recruitment and onboarding, total rewards including compensation and benefit programs, compliance, off boarding and other needed documentation.
- Focus on evidence driven HR including maintaining an accurate HR database, producing telling reports and metrics while providing or communicating research that matters to the situation, problem or business opportunity.
- Effectively promote university wide HR initiates including new compensation program, HR policy development and integration, HR technology adoption and brand/recruitment activities externally.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates integrity, objectivity, and fair mindedness while working collaboratively across departments in alignment with RVU values
- Can facilitate and mediate employee problem solving, conflict or innovation requiring change management
- Recognizes and executes value added tasks utilizing processes aligned with RVU strategies
- Well organized, operates with speed yet thoroughness on things that matter to people and SU campus or the university
- Comfortable with consultative approach and acting within authority to make needed decisions
- Works independently yet within decision making authority on multi-faceted assignments requiring prioritizing and planning to timely completion
- Provide outstanding customer service and related communication skills including strong interpersonal, written and listening
- Self-starter using sound judgement and problem solving skills in providing consultative assistance in multiple, employee matters
- Bachelors degree in HR or related discipline or commensurate multi-year HR experience
- Experience working with computers, Microsoft Office Suite, electronic communications and technology to improve organizational outcomes
- Multi-year HR professional experience respecting internships in educational or business environments
- Masters degree in Human Resources or related
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience in HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Multi-year Human Resources experience in progressive roles
- University experience is helpful, especially medical school
- Career aspirations include growth into HR leadership roles
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.