Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - Risk & Safety, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Sr. Payroll Specialist
We exist to transform our customers and change lives
Join our fast-growing global organization as a Senior Payroll Specialist in our Human Resources department. We are seeking someone who will be easy to do business with and is passionate about meeting the needs of our team members.
The HR Sr. Payroll Specialist, reporting to the Compensation and Benefits Manager, supports our mission of transforming our customers and changing lives. This individual ensures the continued growth of the organization and our team members through all people related legal compliance of Human Resources practices and programs of our global company.
We are seeking an experienced individual who is proactive and comfortable with ambiguity and who is passionate about the value we place on our employees through each of our programs to continue to support a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards employees.
This role ensures accurate and timely delivery of US and International payroll services compliant with the organization and legal requirements. The Sr. Payroll Specialist is responsible for reviewing timesheets for accuracy, ensuring all new employees are set up in systems accurately, reviewing deductions, pay rate and confidential employee information, imputing timesheet hours into payroll system for each pay period, and troubleshooting payroll issues, discrepancies, overtime pay errors, and similar functions.
The candidate must be proficient in the execution of Multi-State Payroll programs and all federal and state compliance laws, including all required compliance audits. The ideal individual will also have International Payroll processing experience, preferably in the UK, Canada and Australia.
Love Where You Work: Kim Udell, Human Resources Generalist, said: "I chose RF-SMART because the company truly lives out its mission to transform its customers and change lives. You can see this from the top down at RF-SMART. It's truly the company I always wanted to work for, but never knew existed."
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain payroll information by administering the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies and assisting Finance with GL
- Maintain payroll guidelines by updating policies and procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Reconcile benefit and payroll billing
- Calculate monthly commissions for sales employees
- Assist with Benefit processing and new hire orientations as needed
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Accounting, or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience processing payroll
- CPP or related certification preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Payroll practices, policies & procedures and state, federal and international labor laws
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Ability to be flexible and reprioritize/multitask to accommodate changing priorities
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with a HRIS is required (UltiPro preferred)
Employer does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)
The above noted job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned but rather to give personnel so classified a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the job. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this specific position and/or the skills and abilities required. RF-SMART is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.