Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Remington Hotels
In this role, you will manage centralized shared services payroll operations. The payroll department supports 7,500+ associates across 80+ payroll groups under 10+ legal entities. You will operate in a hands-on role at both a strategic and tactical level to assess and anticipate Payroll and customer service needs, recommend solutions, and manage shared resources to deliver results.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the payroll department, including US payroll processing, compliance, reporting and auditing with a laser focus on accuracy and customer service.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with Finance and HR constituents throughout the enterprise.
- Act as a resource and proactive partner for all departments and property level teams to improve service delivery and resolve complex issues.
- Use initiative and proactive communications to ensure services meet and exceed quality and productivity standards.
- Develop and conduct training for all levels of the organization on systems, procedures and processes.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all controls, procedures and standards to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Continuously analyze federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely and accurate payroll tax compliance for all entities and jurisdictions.
- Support external compliance and 401-K plan audits.
- Reconcile employee benefit deductions to invoices paid to vendors and deposits made to benefit accounts.
- Provide regular reporting to Finance leadership on compliance with key policies and develop action plans to address non-compliance.
- Build and maintain an effective team through hiring, evaluating, coaching, mentoring, and developing associates to improve organization capacity and attain excellence in all payroll related functions.
- Effectively manage individual and team projects, create project plans, execute and achieve deliverables.
- Manage external service providers to address problems, system, reporting, and tax issues.
- Apply a deep knowledge of payroll related systems to ensure system optimization and continuous improvement. Lead or oversee projects to ensure new functionality or technology are deployed successfully.
- Co-manage and maintain the payroll mapping to General Ledger with Finance leadership.
- Reconcile payroll reports to the General Ledger.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have experience leading the payroll function for a multistate organization with 5,000 -- 10,000 associates.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a payroll operations role demonstrating career progression.
- A minimum of 4 years in a leadership/managerial role.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field required.
- ERP implementation experience a plus.
- Experience working in a high volume department and growing company.
- Must have experience with ADP & TimeSaver.
- Experience in other payroll systems a strong plus.
- Experience managing payroll system upgrades, time tracking, and/or absence management.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building skills working with HR colleagues to communicate effectively, build consensus, and establish trust.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically when solving problems.
- Solutions-oriented project management skills to ensure anticipated outcomes are delivered and executed on.
- A strong analytical mindset that supports and measures best practices and achievement of company goals.
- A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is a plus.