Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LifeRoots, Inc.
Customers served (external and internal): all participants, any member of the LifeROOTS Team, board members, all vendors, suppliers and any other members of the public.
Role Summary: The Human Resources Generalist will provide assistance with and facilitate the human resources process at LifeROOTS.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions – including, but not limited to):
- Ensures new-hire packets are prepared and contain all necessary paperwork and/or documentation for new-hires.
- Assist with processing and administering new hire orientation.
- Creates and maintains personnel files.
- Ensure paperwork for all new employees is properly filled.
- Ensures confidentiality and accuracy for each personnel record.
- Assemble and track benefits files and other employee related information as needed.
- Enter new employee data information into LifeROOTS computer database, maintain human resources information system records and compiles reports from database as needed (Paday Evolution).
- Create, track status update and maintain ACA information through LifeROOTS payroll system Evolution.
- Assist in processing health, dental, vision and other LifeROOTS benefits to include, but not limited to enrollment of new employees in applicable benefit plans and termination of benefits.
- Coordinate and set-up training classes or meetings.
- Provide timely assistance to employees regarding benefit and human resources questions and issues.
- Assist with termination process.
- Assist with providing research for policies, training, strategic planning, and other human resource issues.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed.
- Assist with HR related projects as needed.
- Serves as Receptionist as needed.
- Assist in coordinating employee recognition/appreciation programs as needed.
- Assist with providing compliance and the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Complies with all applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensures that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HS diploma/GED & three years’ work experience in human resources or related field required. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of local, State, and Federal regulations pertaining to human resources.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interact effectively with staff, participants and the public in a professional and courteous manner.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to work independently and be able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others well.
- Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Experience in high performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Conditions of Employment:
- Drug Screening, fingerprints and background check.
- Must have a valid and current driver's license with good driving record and must have current auto insurance as required by applicable state law.
- Occasionally operates a company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position without hazard to themselves or others. The work is sedentary
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time LifeROOTS may revise this job description.
Reporting to the position are: