Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver Trainer, Transportation
at Queen Creek Unified School District
JOB GOAL: The Lead Bus Driver Trainer coordinates all aspects of driver training and certification as well as all other designated Bus Driver duties.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and advanced training in driver education and safety.
- Must possess computer skills and make effective oral and written presentations.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of District procedures and guidelines.
- Must have Arizona CDL with Passenger and School Bus Driver endorsements, School Bus Driver Training Certification, and must have or be able to obtain third party tester designation.
- Must have CPR certification.
- Must be able to assess concerns and complaints of students and proceed appropriately.
- Ability to use 2-way radio for communication.
- Must be proficient in all types of school buses.
- Must be proficient in all special education equipment for a school bus, including wheelchair securement.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, time management, and instructional skills.
- Ability to manage groups of children.
- Sufficient rudimentary knowledge of bus mechanical operations to describe problems to the mechanic.
- Knowledge of local streets and address system.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supports QCUSD vision, mission and goals.
- Conducts the Commercial Driver’s License training of all incoming Bus Drivers.
- Operates the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division driver certification program.
- Analyzes training needs and recommends driver training programs.
- Teaches District procedures and guidelines to all incoming Bus Drivers.
- Teaches ongoing safety practices to all Bus Drivers.
- Provides remedial training for all Bus Drivers, Bus Aides, and Special Needs Bus Drivers.
- Schedules and prepares classroom and behind the wheel training.
- Examines pre-trip inspections, driver skill testing, and road testing procedures.
- Performs check rides with Bus Drivers to evaluate the performance of duties.
- Organizes and coordinates two bus evacuation drills per year for each school.
- Compiles submits and maintains all driver certification, testing records, and training reports as required by state and federal regulations.
- Provides supervision to Bus Drivers that are delegated behind the Wheel Trainers.
- May act as a Cover Driver when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees all annual, new hire and random drug screens as per state and federal guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend, or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION: Per District Support Service Professionals - Classified Hourly
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after the first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Effective January 1, 1995, all employees in this classification are subject to the Federal Highway Administration regulations for drug and alcohol testing as required by the Omni Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Coordinador de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Transportation|
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:00 AM -
Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)