Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
JOB GOAL: Coordinates accounting and payroll processes within the Business Services Department
- High School Diploma or GED required
- High School Accounts and/or One (1) year College accounting and/ or three (3) years of experience in Accounts Payable and/or Payroll
- Thorough knowledge of applicable AP/General Ledger systems and procedures.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems (Visions software preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with staff and vendors.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, data analysis, and time management.
- Ability to assess and analyze processes in accounting/payroll for efficiency/accuracy.
- Must be detail-oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Proficient in Excel and Word required.
- Must pass fingerprint and background clearance.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Process vendor payments/payroll
- Match and verify invoices and receiving making sure guidelines of the USFR are being followed
- Match and verify timesheets/leave and absence requests for payroll processing, ensuring compliance with USFR and state and federal pay regulations
- Ensuring accuracy for payroll processing and running reports to audit payroll items such as but not limited to: ASRS, leave balances, calendar assignments, balance of pay (termination)
- Accurately input data into computer
- Audit for use tax and 1099 compliance
- Interpret Chart of Accounts and codes for proper use during processing of invoices/payroll
- Prepare vouchers and makes adjusting and closing entries
- Process and file County paperwork for lost and voided warrants
- Reconcile vendor monthly statements
- Coordinate the distribution of warrants
- Verify and close Purchase Orders at Fiscal Year-End
- Aid Budget/Finance Manager in various accounting tasks as needed
- Monitor AP and Payroll vouchers to the Board for signatures
- Communicate effectively with staff, community, schools, vendors and government agencies as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations, While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally in outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat, wet or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12- Month, Days: per policy GCCA
COMPENSATION: Salary Grade Level: Letter S
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Budget/Finance Manager/Payroll Manager
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours on some occasions
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly Classified Salary Schedule
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or
employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origennacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, August 9, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)