Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To complete and process Vendor payments in an accurate and timely manner within the USFR regulations, and to ensure prompt and accurate performance of a variety of payroll and accounting duties.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- High School Accounts and/or One (1) year College accounting and/ or three (3) years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Thorough knowledge of applicable AP/General Ledger systems and procedures.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems (Visions software preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with staff and vendors.
- Possess strong problem solving skills, data analysis, and time management.
- Must be detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Proficient in Excel and Word required.
- Must pass fingerprint and background clearance.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Process Vendor payments
- Match and verify invoices and receiving making sure guidelines of the USFR are being followed.
- Request approval for payment when needed.
- Accurately input data into computer.
- Audit for use tax and 1099 compliance.
- Interpret Chart of Accounts and codes for proper use during processing of invoices.
- Prepare vouchers and makes adjusting and closing entries.
- Process and file County paperwork for lost and voided warrants.
- Reconcile vendor monthly statements.
- Coordinate the distribution of warrants.
- Verify and close Purchase Orders at Fiscal Year- End.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including filing and duplicating.
- Monitor AP and Payroll vouchers to the Board for signatures.
- Communicate effectively with staff, community, schools, vendors and government agencies as needed.
- Monitoring the electronic timekeeping system.
- Conduct electronic timekeeping training on a regular basis for district personnel.
- Must be familiar with district policies and procedures.
- Enter and monitor deductions on payroll software system.
- Maintain employee payroll files.
- Prepare and distribute W-2 forms.
- Must assure that payroll is complete and accurate.
- Prepare various reports (quarterly state and federal payroll taxes) to comply with the state and federal law.
- Prepare various accounts payable for distribution.
- Complete accurate data entry for timecard batches.
- Tactfully adjust complaints and provide information to employees regarding salaries, deductions and benefits.
- Run payroll reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-MONTH; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter P
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week; 7:30-4:30
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)