Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Training Specialist
at Proto Labs
Responsible for developing and administering training materials and instruction materials for operations employees and department trainers. Work with Learning & Development, department trainers, area managers and shift supervisors to deliver, coordinate, certify, and assess training for employees.
Specific duties include:
- Work with technical leads and managers to create effective user-focused work instructions, and other training materials as needed to support manufacturing training efforts.
- Coordinate and maintain training materials as a result of process or work instruction updates.
- Identify and assess training needs of operations staff by conferring with managers and supervisors
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct technical training for new hires and current employees in the operations areas.
- Coordinate with department OJT trainers to ensure that proper training is occurring and is being recorded appropriately.
- Conduct training audits to measure training effectiveness and address findings accordingly.
- Create and maintain effective OJT Training for new trainers.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur in the functional areas.
- Maintain consistent documentation practices across operations and learning management system
- Ensure that each area has work instructions and training materials completed, and they are reviewed and updated periodically, as needed.
- Consult with line managers and OJT trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
- Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of one year of facilitation, course delivery or other public speaking to groups of all sizes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and teach others
- Comprehensive knowledge of techniques and philosophies of adult education.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills to include proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to travel to all branch locations to deliver training/coaching.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- 5 years’ experience working in a production/manufacturing environment, with experience in preparing materials and/or tracking training progress
- Familiarity with ISO Standard audit processes
- Two year degree in a related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
Office: While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse, telephone and printer; reach with hands, and arms, talk, see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Indoors Office: Indoors (A/C); nonsmoking; the majority of this job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. However, there may be job duties that require the employee to spend time in the manufacturing areas exposed to machinery and noise; eye protection occasionally required.
All Proto Labs facilities in the United States are ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR regulations, Proto Labs is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer