PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, will perform work of moderate difficulty. Responsible for administration of health benefits, 401(k), workers compensation, FMLA, ADA compliance and Wellness programs. Responsible for ensuring legal compliance in accordance with ADA, ACA, Workers Compensation, and other programs. Will also communicate to employees about the implementation of benefits (open enrollment), the company well-being/wellness program, employee activities and related policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates and interfaces with staff members, benefit plan consultants, vendors/brokers, and administrators regarding benefit policies, eligibility and coverage issues, and enrollment procedures.
- Administers new hires/eligible employee open enrollment benefits. Notifies new hires as to dates of eligibility; forwards enrollment forms to all new hires in a timely manner and follows up with the employee to obtain accurately completed forms.
- Enters/terminates benefit deductions into payroll system working closely with payroll department to ensure accurate co-pays/deductions are processed in a timely manner. Maintains internal HR accounting system and appropriate records which supports data accuracy.
- Assist employees with health, dental, vision, life, and other related benefit claims.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices
- Coordinates schedules and conducts open enrollment for all employee benefits (i.e. health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, & 401(k), etc.), liaisons with benefit providers to ensure timely enrollments.
- Maintains OSHA log, is point on workers compensation claims, prepares and submits initial Report of Industrial Injury Report, conducts accident investigations as required, ensures that post-accident urine analysis testing is conducted and advises management of results.
- Administers organizational employee benefits plans, wellness/well-being programs, and relevant employee activities. Responds to employee inquiries and resolves them.
- Administers leave of absence policies, time off programs, FMLA, and ADA request, disability leaves to ensure consistency and compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, insurance plan requirements and agency policies and procedures. Receives, reviews, approves/denies or make special recommendations on requests for leaves of absence under FMLA and ADA/Workers Comp; tracks employee’s use of FMLA, Workers Comp absences. Communicates with employee, management and HR Director on a need to know basis.
- Assist HR Director with obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life, and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Ensures compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures and pertinent federal, state and relevant laws.
- Knowledgeable in legislation governing self-insured and fully-insured employer benefits to include ERISA, COBRA, PPACA, and HIPAA.
- Creates and maintains employee’s confidential file.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field of study.
- Three (3) years of prior Human Resources or benefits administration experience.
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS, and database programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have ability to make formal presentations in front of large audiences.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field of study.
- Five (5) years of prior Human Resources or benefits administration experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR/CCP), or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS).
- Prior work experience in a government, education, or non-profit environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must be able to see/read a computer monitor screen and keyboarding abilities.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry five (5) pounds.
- Must be able to travel.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
MUST APPLY ONLINE!!