Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Pos. Category
- Human Resources
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Created Date
- Regular Full-Time
Are you a Payroll Junkie? Do you find joy in processing payroll and helping employees and managers with payroll related issues? Are you a nerd about staying up-to-date with payroll tax regulations? Do have experience in processing a multi-state, multi-company payroll? If you answered yes to each of those, your 95% of the way there!
Progrexion (that’s Proh-gresh-uhn), the biggest company you’ve never heard of, is growing and looking to fill our Payroll Specialist role. We want someone who is skilled at the timely and accurate processing of payroll using UltiPro and will hit the ground running and make an immediate impact with our team. You’ll report to the Director of Payroll, and work closely with other HR staff as well as employees and managers.
Take a look at the details below. If your experience lines up, then we may just want to shake your hand and bring you on-board this wild ride.
Be a Driver
- Execute the processing of semi-monthly multi-state payroll function for over 3,000 employees using the UltiPro system, including tax filings and general ledger
- Ensure the timely and accurate receipt and processing of deductions, additional payments and garnishments
- Manage payroll discrepancies quickly, efficiently and with a high degree of customer service
- Thrive in a deadline driven environment
Be a Partner
- Build solid partnerships with employees and managers to understand their payroll needs
- Work with the HRIS staff to advise on requirements for system configuration and projects related to the payroll function in order to bring value to the company
- Look for ways to enhance and streamline processes
- Work with vendors related to payroll funding and distribution including benefit and 401k providers
Be an Expert
- Research and provide solutions for payroll and tax issues
- Support external audits relative to payroll activities
- Work with other payroll team members to provide employees with a delightful experience regarding payroll related activities and inquiries
- Completely understand the UltiPro payroll system and configuration
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- At least 3-5 years’ experience processing payrolls in a multi-company, multi-state environment
- Proven experience with excellent customer service and team support
- Experience with a major HCM system required; Prior Ultimate Software experience a plus
- Ability to adhere to service level agreements
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Attention to detail and meticulous organization skills
- The ability to change gears on short notice and adapt to a fast-evolving environment
We believe in transparency; this is a salaried role and our pay-range is between $38,000.00 and $45,000.00 annually depending on knowledge, skills, and abilities.