Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pride Industries
- Job ID
- Full Time Regular
- Referral Bonus Eligible?
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Job Developer
Job Code: M61 - PR-Job Developer
HR Title Group: Rehabilitation Services
Salary Grade: N16
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Job Developer provides employment services for people with disabilities or other barriers to employment. Employees in this job class offer support and guidance in identifying employment opportunities in the community, matching clients with appropriate jobs, work with employers to identify job opportunities with clients and maintain a positive relationship with the employer. This job requires knowledge of job placement fundamentals and the ability to match clients with appropriate employment opportunities and organizations.
1. *Works with organizations in the community to identify potential jobs for clients with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
2. *Markets PRIDE Industries employment services to develop job opportunities through cold-calling, developing current relationships with employers, and expanding job opportunities through current employer relationships.
3. *Provides job placement services by conducting client interviews to assess skills, interests, aptitudes and other qualities, and matching clients with employment opportunities. This is done through an intake evaluation, writing an comprehensive employment services plan, identifying appropriate job classifications and skills, and job placement.
4. *Reviews client information and identifies individuals who fit job requirements as described by the employer. Matches the client’s expertise, interests, and behavior to both the employer and the job.
5. *Assists clients with resume writing and preparation, completion and follow-up on employment applications. Provides leads and tips on how to conduct job searches through the media and the internet.
6. *Completes references and background checks on clients.
7. *Maintains reports, documentation, and files to update information and track all clients utilizing databases and case files.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One or more years of recruitment experience to include interviewing and applicant appraisal;
• Employment skills to identify jobs that would match clients’ needs and interests;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
• Transporting to various locations within customer site
• Viewing computer screens
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a variety of locations including in a business office, customer worksite, and community environments. Driving to and from various locations is required including transporting clients.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.