PODS Enterprises, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Specialist- Tax Focus
at PODS Enterprises, LLC
PODS Enterprises, a leader in the moving and storage industry, is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team in Clearwater, Florida.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing, coordinating, and the auditing of time records, payroll data, maintaining payroll records, and calculating payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Payroll Specialist Duties:
- Perform tasks to maintain and review all employee/payroll records in the payroll system, posting changes in pay, updating tax status changes, and miscellaneous changes.
- Prepare payroll transactions ensuring that they are processed accurately and timely
- Maintain Time and Attendance processing and ensure correct interface to the payroll system
- Audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, and update time and attendance records as required
- Process manual checks and adjustments to the payroll system
- Implement year-end reporting and processing to ensure the accuracy of W-2s
- Perform research to prepare special reports for management and provide ad hoc reporting as needed
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions, and troubleshooting issues.
- Review and respond to correspondence received in the payroll department
- Perform a wide variety of record-keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions
- Process terminations as required by State Law and company policies
- Document and update procedures
- Perform duties including balancing earnings totals, computing and withholding of deductions associated with net earnings. Process voluntary and involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments and reconciling related reports
- Inspect automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions
- Maintain records related to the accumulation and use of time off and relevant reports
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Payroll Tax Duties:
- Processing inquiries and external stakeholders related tax questions
- Respond and work directly with tax agencies to investigate and resolve filing and deposit discrepancies, notices, and complete questionnaire requests
- Analyzing and preparing special reports for management
- Preparing and filing tax reports including review and processing of multi jurisdiction worked employees and process wage/tax reclassification for employee transfers
- Analyze and research business registration processes in new markets and jurisdictions and complete process in new jurisdictions
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal procedures, external regulations and brings compliance issues to the attention of management
- Completes and maintains records to reflect reporting to the various taxing authorities who have special requirements or exceptions. Ensures those instructions are followed
- Assists with rate and frequency updates
- Maintains agency tax account number logs, applies for account numbers, completes forms for electronic filing and reporting, and assists with account closures.
- Ensures compliance with filing and payment deadlines
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits of payroll tax returns for accuracy, including WC auditing
- Assists with filing quarterly and annual reports, creates and matches payments if needed
- Assists with notification and collection of quarter end adjustments
- Coordinates documentation to clear tax issues, i.e., Payments and filing receipts
- Reconciles tax debits and credits with the invoices
- Completes special projects and coordinates with Manager on progress
- Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and withholding procedures, and monitor and apply changes in payroll system per tax laws that affect the organizations liability.
- Continuing education with American Payroll Association to obtain knowledge of current payroll tax regulations and work with Manager to implement to keep compliant.
Skill / Requirements
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- Requires 2 to 4 years of payroll experience and may require experience with a specific payroll system.
- May require an associate's degree or equivalent experience. FPC or CPP designation preferred.
- Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.