Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1521 - Human Resources Analyst (Recruitment Analyst)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Recruitment & Selection Division of the Human Resources Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary grade: 51
Performs professional human resources work in the centralized Human Resources department in a public jurisdiction.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Provides professional level human resources services to client departments, employees and the public;
Participates with client departments in the development of recruiting strategies, advertising, announcements and testing/selection criteria, processes and analysis of results;
Evaluates and applies applicant selection criteria and procedures to certify eligible applicants for referral to client departments;
Performs individual and team studies, audits and analysis in specialized areas such as classification/compensation, recruitment/selection, employee benefits and related or assigned topics, analyzes results and recommends appropriate management actions;
Participates in job-evaluation processes as an evaluator, servicing analyst, recorder or facilitator;
Researches, analyzes and makes recommendations to supervisors, client departments and employees to identify and resolve problems by application of County rules, policies and procedures;
Develops, edits, revises and recommends new and revised classification specifications;
Independently identifies unique human resources projects and conducts appropriate research and analysis to develop recommendations for management review and action;
Counsels employees and applicants in employment opportunities and career advancement available within Pima County government;
Provides input to supervisors and management in long- and short-term planning, goals and objectives related to the programs of the section of assignment;
Reviews proposed or past personnel actions for compliance with applicable federal, state and County policies, regulations and procedures by application of County Merit Systems Rules and Personnel Policies/Procedures;
Prepares and presents oral and written reports and correspondence as required;
Conducts individual and group training of professional, paraprofessional and supporting Human Resources staff and client department representatives, supervisors and managers in personnel issues and related topics;
Maintains appropriate confidentiality of all materials and information encountered in performance of duties;
May represent Pima County, the Human Resources function or assigned division at meetings, seminars, job fairs, outreach recruitment, etc.
May act as lead Human Resources Analyst for other professional and paraprofessional staff in unique or complex studies, projects or assignments.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles, practices, and techniques of delivery of human resources services in a governmental setting;
- type and content of occupations normally found in public jurisdictions;
- techniques of information gathering, processing and presentation;
- federal, state and local legislation effecting personnel programs.
- researching or investigating personnel issues;
- analyzing and evaluating compiled data and reports;
- communicating effectively;
- establishing and maintaining effective client working relationships;
- analyzing personnel situations, activities and problems through various research methodologies;
- analyzing and evaluating job content.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, management, human resources or other closely related field as determined by the Appointing Authority at the time of recruitment and one year of professional level human resources or personnel administration experience.
(Additional relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement.)OR(2) Four years of experience with Pima County performing professional level duties involving personnel/human resources related matters.OR(3) Six years of experience with Pima County in a human resources or administrative support paraprofessional level classification performing duties involving the processing of personnel/human resources documentation.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Professional level HR generalist experience in planning and conducting recruitments, preferably in a public sector environment.
- Experience working with an electronic applicant tracking system, preferably NeoGov.
- Experience working with client departments and hiring managers to develop recruitment plans.
- Experience conducting recruitment activities via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience using web-based applicant tracking systems to collect and screen applications for minimum qualifications.
- Experience using electronic HR onboarding systems.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions within this classification may be assigned duties and responsibilities specific to the central Human Resources Department of Pima County including budget preparation, reports generation and compliance with Federal Immigration laws.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.