Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY- PAYROLL SPECIALIST (CC #32578)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Reference #: 3276
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 7/16/2019
- 19/20 SY- PAYROLL SPECIALIST (CC #32578) JobID: 3276
- Position Type:
Classified Payroll/PAYROLL SPECIALIST
- Date Posted:
CEE- CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE (PAYROLL)
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Prepares, inputs, and processes payroll requisitions for additional or special pay.
- Balances payroll and check processing, disbursements and other biweekly jobs, e.g. Arizona retirement forms, garnished checks,
- Operates terminal daily to correct and retrieve payroll and voluntary deduction data; provides information to employees and others as authorized and requested.
- Reviews requests for cancellations/reissues of payroll warrants.
- Processes personnel action request forms, e.g. new hires, job changes, terminations, calculations, and contract adjustments as needed.
- Prepares journal entries to distribute payroll expense retroactively and to correct budget coding errors, for appropriate review by Payroll Manager.
- Directly works with various software vendors including time keeping vendor to ensure processes run efficiently. Stays abreast of the latest software updates occurring throughout the year.
- Trains payroll technicians regarding all updates in regards to software as well as regulation changes.
- Reconciles and audits all payroll checking accounts including ASRS account, Federal/State Tax account, Employee Insurance account, and Direct Deposit accounts. Ensures appropriate bookkeeping is kept current and accurate.
- Prepares a proper payroll balancing report for every payroll run to ensure proper tax calculations occur, e.g. Social Security, Medicare, Federal and State.
- Prepares quarterly 941 reports to ensure proper reconciliation between 941s and payroll balancing report for appropriate review by Payroll Manager.
- Delegates work to, schedules, and supervises the work of technicians.
- Works closely with Payroll Manager in preparing W2s and ensuring proper reconciliation between all four quarterly 941 reports.
- Develops and updates appropriate payroll documents, e.g. Pay Schedules, Payroll Forms, for disbursement to staff.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years of responsible payroll experience. A Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Ability to use judgment and work independently
- Ability to plan, coordinate, analyze and establish priorities
- Considerable knowledge of accounting principles and practices and automated accounting systems
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to utilize computer software to create spreadsheets, databases, and word processing documents.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, reassign priorities quickly, and exercise resourcefulness in addressing new problems.
- Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations as applicable to payroll.
- Ability to interpret District employee handbooks.
|Phoenix Union High School District No. 210|
|4502 North Central Avenue|
|Phoenix, Arizona 85012|
|Equal Opportunity Employer|
|POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist||DIVISION:||Business/Operations|
|WORK YEAR:||12 Months||DEPARTMENT:||Payroll|
|LOCATION:||CES||SALARY SCHEDULE:||GRADE 12 starting at $21.38 through $22.36 depending on experience|
The Payroll Specialists performs clerical and accounting duties of a complex nature in preparing, adjusting, processing and verifying District payrolls. Responsible for meeting operational requirements and providing guidance and direction to other staff; ensuring accuracy of payroll and insurance records; staying abreast of payroll and timekeeping software updates. Performs job related duties as assigned.
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Specialist Page 2
Payroll Division Manager
|REPARED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||APPROVED BY:||JOB NUMBER||EFFECTIVE DATE:|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!