Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Business Partner
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||HR Business Partner|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 27 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a single point of contact for employees and managers in assigned business units, proactively supporting the delivery of HR Processes.
- Routinely evaluates and provides feedback to leaders within the assigned business units regarding turnover, employee engagement, core values and other significant employee trends.
- Consults with and manages the people management related agenda for the assigned business units, assists in leading change management projects, acting as facilitator for the management team, and serving as employee champion and change agent, while seeking to develop integrated solutions.
- Ensures that training and support for the design and development of employee performance standards is provided; oversees and supports the effective use of established performance management processes.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance and support to management regarding fair employment and employee relations issues (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts thorough and objective investigations.
- Prepares, gathers and submits information for Unemployment claims. Works with managers and Talx representative to represent Peak Vista at Unemployment Hearings. Prepares and submits information for Industrial Claims Review as necessary.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Prepares Request for Information and Position Statement to respond to EEOC claims.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Ensures ongoing compliance of HR policies, programs and AAAHC and HRSA compliance standards.
- Works closely with management and employees to leverage work relationships and teamwork, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the HR Team, leading facility wide projects, functions, or programs as assigned.
- Reviews Quarterly Performance Conversations and provides HR guidance.
- Trains HR related topics in New Employee Orientation and Core Manager training.
- Advises employees regarding the ADA process, provides ADA packets to employees, tracks deadlines, reviews completed packets, determines whether a reasonable accommodation should be made.
- Contributes to the overall achievement of HR goals, objectives and strategies.
Responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to leadership on human resource-related issues. Communicating proactively, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP supports the alignment of the HR Department operations with business priorities for assigned departments and functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor's degree in human resources, management or related discipline is preferred. PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience as a HR Generalist and resolving complex employee relations issues is required (HR business partner capacity is preferred). Human resources experience in a healthcare setting is preferred. Experience with ADP, Halogen and/or Healthstream Learning Management System is preferred. Experience working in a detail-oriented environment is essential.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software; Human Resource systems and Contact Management systems.
Certificates & Licenses: PHR or SPHR preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three. See Exposure Control Plan for details. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee must be able to occasionally travel to all Peak Vista locations, including the facilities located on the eastern plains of Colorado.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com