Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UR Insurance Specialist: Friday -Tuesday 32 hr per week
at Oasis Behavioral Health
OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for contacting external case managers/managed care organizations for certification and recertification of insurance authorization for Sierra Tucson clients. This individual will also be responsible for verifying insurance coverage on potential patients and communicate financial/insurance information to the admissions team. This position requires a thorough understanding of the facility’s treatment program and philosophy, knowledge of mental health / substance abuse issues as well as insurance procedures, the ability to multi task in a quick paced environment, strong organizational, communication, and computer skills, and a high level of confidentiality.
SCHEDULE: Days Friday - Tuesday 32Hours a week
- Knowledge of mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with the ability to navigate a Windows environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degrees preferred
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
X FINGERING, HANDLING
X PROLONGED STANDING OR SITTING
X EYE-HAND COORDINATION: DEXTERITY REQUIRED
X VISION REQUIREMENTS
X PERFORMING ROUTINE, REPETITIVE DUTIES
X WORKING ALONE
X WORKING AS PART OF A GROUP
X WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC
X CONSTANT HIGH STRESS
X STRESS OF MEETING FREQUENT DEADLINES
X PERFORMING A VARIETY OF DUTIES
X RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS
Maintain complete confidentiality in all patient/program matters, in accordance with facility policy.
Adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the job, the department, and external regulating bodies or obtain approval for exception.