Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Assess fitness levels and create individualized workout plan for patients/residents.
- Meet with patients to access their fitness level.
- Create appropriate exercise programs for patients to support emotional and physical well-being and monitor weekly progress.
- Teach patients on proper exercise techniques.
- Educate patient and family members on proper techniques for transitioning from a facility-based fitness program to a safe and effective home exercise program.
- Design specialized strength and conditioning programs for patients.
- Identify measurable goals and objectives for the patient to reach through physical activity and exercise.
- Lead and facilitate exercise groups for patients and residents.
- Monitor closely all exercise activity for patient safety.
- Document patient progress with assigned exercise programs.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required or 5 years' experience working with fitness in a healthcare facility.
- Two or more years related experience required.
- Licensed if required by State.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances
(e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.