Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Tax Analyst
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The Analyst, Payroll Tax is responsible for all payroll tax related responsibilities including but not limited to tax reconciliation and the resolution of payroll tax notices. The incumbent will review the output of third-party vendors for accuracy and consistency, recommending a course of action when solutions are needed. This position works closely with Finance to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with state and federal regulations. The incumbent must be dedicated to accurate and timely processing of payroll, with strong problem resolution capabilities, a commitment to process improvement.
- Completes multi-state taxation activities related to payroll, including federal, state and local tax.
- Works closely with third party tax provider on tax filling reconciliation and payroll-related tax funding.
- Researches and resolves open payroll tax issues with third party tax provider.
- Audit company level tax set ups, to ensure correct account numbers, deposit frequency, filing frequency and rates are being used.
- Work with third party payroll tax provider and taxing agencies to open, maintain and close payroll tax accounts (federal, tax local)
- Conduct audits of wage and tax data and employee tax setup. Coordinate corrections and amendments as needed.
- Manually complete and submit tax returns not processed by payroll vendor accurately and timely.
- Audit team members’ tax setup to ensure compliance with state tax rules and coordinate corrections with Payroll Specialists.
- Collaborate with third party tax vendor to ensure local, state and federal payroll tax returns are correct and facilitating payroll tax amendments as necessary.
- Research and resolve payroll tax notices for multi-state tax entities.
- As required, reconcile QTD and YTD tax amounts withheld, reported, and deposited on quarterly and annual basis for assigned entities.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of payroll tax procedures.
- Assist in year-end processes as required to ensure W-2 accuracy and compliance.
- Assist team members in resolving W-2 inquiries.
- Keep management up to date on all tax law changes and their impact on payroll processing.
- Review and process payroll subpoena and verification requests
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned my management or as may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or related field, and 2+ years of relevant work experience. In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of general payroll practices, Federal and State regulations and SOX controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and general ledger journal entry processing.
- 2 years of experience in a large multi-state, multi-company employer
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation or in process of attaining the certification.
- Experience in Workday Payroll.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.