Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Benefits Supervisor
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Revenue Operations
- Location : External Name
- Henderson Support Center
Under limited supervision, the Supervisor, Patient Benefits will manage the daily activities of the Patient Benefits team and ensure all service level objectives and imperatives are being met. The patient benefits team is responsible for verifying patient insurance benefits with insurance carriers. Team members work independently to obtain information through insurance websites as well as by calling and speaking with insurance agents. As a Supervisor, you will ensure correct processes are followed and assist in reviewing call recordings as needed. The Supervisor will also oversee staff scheduling, process improvements, and clear communication with team members and PDS Supported offices, along with administrative functions to facilitate the daily operations of the department. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to guide and coach team members, resolve issues and create and maintain a culture that aligns with PDS’ We Believes.
- Develop and implement high-level strategic plans to increase efficiencies.
- Create an environment that promotes learning and teamwork.
- Act as mentor, support, and assist in the development and training of team members.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and mentoring in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement and to execute best practices.
- Able to keep commitments and keep Management informed of work progress and issues.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with company policies; addresses others professionally and respectfully.
- Ensure training and compliance modules are completed as needed for all team members.
- Perform Human Resources related functions, such as interviewing, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and pay related approval.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, as well as State, Federal, and HIPAA privacy.
- Update and review productivity and quality metrics for possible action items on areas needing improvement and to identify best practices.
- Lead and participate in meetings and training sessions as required.
- Travel as needed to attend group leadership training sessions or provide training to PDS Supported office.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related major, and 3-5 years of related experience in the dental front office or call center environment. In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience is required.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience leading a team, mentoring and coaching subordinates.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.