Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing Operations Supervisor
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Revenue Operations
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The primary purpose and function of the Supervisor, Billing Operations is to be responsible for the daily workflow of the Billing Operations team. The team may be assigned based on region, specialty, or other similar characteristics of the group. The Supervisor, Billing Operations main responsibility is to monitor the performance efficiency and productivity of the team. This position ensures that the most effective billing and collections are obtained for the particular service. This will entail oversight of fees, pre-authorizations, billing, auditing, and claims follow-up. In addition, the Supervisor, Billing Operations is responsible for staffing, training, and evaluating of direct reports.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and mentoring of staff in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in posting and billing processes and methods.
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties.
- Coach and mentor less experienced subordinate team members, and create environment for knowledge transfer and cross-training.
- Authority to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems when fellow management team members are not present.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign staff to specific duties.
- Lead team to maximize office collections, communicate issues and implement ideas to improve processes.
- Report weekly to manager detailing accomplishments, areas for improvement, clear performance goals, and effectiveness of systems.
- Oversee and interact with other PDS departments and team members in regards to certain administrative operations. This includes but is not limited to plan credentialing, eligibility, fees, pre-authorizations, billing, auditing, and claims follow-up.
- Work with other departments within PDS, implement new systems and protocol to improve on effectiveness of the administrative operations individual oversees.
- Instruct other PDS support team members on how to most effectively perform administrative duties for the area the individual oversees.
- Perform daily activities of billing and auditing of assigned practice's patient claims.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Participate in Human Resources activities, such as recruiting, selecting, developing talent, performance reviews, salary administration, etc.
- Develop and conduct effective training & meetings through the development and execution of outstanding group presentation skills.
- Travel to affiliated PDS regions for training and development.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or technical school, and 3-5 years of related work experience. In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience is required.
- Experience in assessing the workflow, leading a team, mentoring, coaching, and training subordinates.
- Knowledge of QSI software applications.
- Good understanding of how to read and interpret EOBs (Explanation of Benefits).
- Previous experience in Dental/healthcare/Retail industry is preferred.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.