OSI Group Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Manager
at OSI Group Corporation
OSI Group is seeking an experienced Payroll Manger to join our team. We are a team of people who are passionate about exceptional customer services, innovation, and continuous improvement. Collaborating across our organization while acting with integrity is paramount to our success.
The Senior Manager, Payroll will provide leadership and direction to ensure complete and accurate payroll processing including reporting to internal and external systems while maintaining complete confidentiality and adhering to company policy, banking regulations, and multiple governmental agency laws.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Provide strategic leadership for the payroll department and direction for related processes for the North America business unit, including design, implementation, and subsequent monitoring of internal controls and KPIs to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is processed timely and accurately and all payroll related information and processes are administered appropriately for the company and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the effort to evaluate payroll relative to external benchmarks in processes and systems and propose a future state change for payroll to include possible outsourcing opportunities where necessary.
- Review and approve all hourly, exempt and non-exempt payroll processing. Identify errors and direct the plant processors in correct methods and procedures. Finalize and post payroll upon review and audit for accuracy.
- Directly responsible for tracking, reporting, calculating and processing payments of executive incentive programs and determining tax reporting requirements. This includes direct communication with Human Resources and Chief Accounting Officer and completing required direct reporting on ERP system.
- Responsible for Expatriate payroll administration and tax equalization and reporting working with outside vendors and the employees on assignment.
- Responsible for maintaining the payroll system with regards to tax changes, system changes, earning/deduction changes, mapping to the general ledger system and other regulatory or technical updates. Determines the need for updates and communicates impact to multiple departments and field users.
- Prepare the annual payroll budget by incorporating organizational changes, salary rate levels, and additions or reductions to staff. Communicate changes to appropriate internal staff.
- Calculate and determine appropriate processing of fringe benefits for year-end tax document creation (W-2). Requires knowledge of payroll tax codes and federal laws and regulation
- Manage the year-end payroll closing activities including determination of W-2 generation and distribution methodology and sourcing, close and reset the payroll system, extend the payroll calendar, and generate year-end filings ensuring that all final files are accurate and complete.
- Champion continuous improvement for payroll processes end-to-end working with stakeholders to ensure we stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies while keeping the company compliant with internal controls and external regulatory requirements.
- Build a sustainable payroll team that can adjust with business needs; manage, coach, mentor, and assess the talent within the department; aligned goals with overall company and finance objectives.
- Create training and resource materials for payroll team; conduct formal and informal coaching and training sessions as required.
- Resolve payroll unclaimed property and/or record and report any property required to be submitted to state government.
- Engage external auditors for both financial and insurance requirements including preparation of annual worker’s compensation audit.
- Supervise the Time & Attendance process and send communications as appropriate
- Be the lead person to assist team in using the Ultipro payroll software
- Document payroll process and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of multistate payroll processing experience with expatriate processing a plus.
- Well versed in processing payroll with preference for Ultimate Software (Ultipro)
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Experience using and extracting data from SAP or comparable ERP system for accounting
- Implement projects across functions and geography
- Total experience in analytical role 5+ years
- Experience working with outsource provider and outsourcing a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Work is generally performed within an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
- Travel greater than 50 mile radius is infrequent and less than 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Finance or Accounting preferred or similar relevant experience in this field at management level.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.