OSI Group Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager - Ashland
at OSI Group Corporation
Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring, creating and maintaining environmental, health and safety programs at the plant facility. Provides training, education, and direction to the safety personnel at the facility and focuses on administering safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Manage activities required for the effective and compliant management of EH&S programs throughout the facility; provide training, direction, and tools to set a safety culture.
- Research, develop, and implement approved policies and procedures that govern the management of occupational safety and environmental practices in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop strategies, programs, and resources to deliver quality and cost effective training to employees throughout the facility.
- Develop and manage a structured professional development program for facility safety personnel incorporating nationally recognized certifications in safety and loss prevention; ensure that facility safety personnel are sufficiently trained to effectively manage programs.
- Provide assistance to facility safety personnel with preparing Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs). Identifying each job step, documenting the possible safety hazard associated with the function, and developing safety guidelines where hazards are identified. In coordination with local management, JHAs may be utilized to train new employees, refresh training for current employees, investigate accidents, evaluate ergonomics, evaluate the efficiency of operations and identify cost savings. Develop and produce periodic reports to management showing job safety analysis results.
- Promote safety awareness throughout all facilities using established programs in behavioral safety, hazard recognition, and accountability.
- Bring experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee onboarding, monthly training, engagement, behavior based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing and sustaining EH&S.
- Follow up and manage on safety, workers compensation, liability or property claim investigations as related to root cause practices or behaviors and assist with identifying corrective actions.
- Represent company during federal, state and local health and safety inspections for OSI facilities or provide direction and guidance to facility safety personnel during facility inspections by federal, state or local agencies.
- Help coordinate and manage the standard work for hourly safety teams/coordinators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7 or more years of experience working in progressively more responsible safety and environmental roles in a manufacturing environment so as to be familiar with manufacturing equipment, environment and procedures.
- 3 or more years managing safety and environmental programs in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of governmental safety compliance regulations and their influence on manufacturing operations and policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both individually and in group settings, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve problems regarding policies, procedures and safety programs. Must have interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision-makers.
- Ability to travel several times each year to other facilities and flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Some of our operations work 24/7.
- Work is generally performed within an office and plant environment.
- Work in the plant environment may be faced with extreme temperatures (cold/hot).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental science, or related disciplines or equivalent subject matter knowledge skills and abilities acquired through work.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.