OSI Group Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
at OSI Group Corporation
Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring, and maintaining environmental, health and safety programs. Provides training, education, and direction to the personnel at the Geneva and R&D facilities and is involved in administering safety, health, and environmental programs.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Manage activities required for the effective and compliant management of EH&S programs throughout the plant; provide direct reports with training, direction, performance management, tools, and resources sufficient to perform their jobs as required; making hiring and termination decisions in accordance with company procedure.
- Research, develop, and implement approved policies and procedures that govern the management of occupational safety and environmental practices in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop strategies, programs, and resources to deliver quality and cost effective training to employees at the plant level.
- Develop and manage a structured professional development program for facility safety personnel incorporating nationally recognized certifications in safety and loss prevention; ensure that facility safety personnel are sufficiently trained to effectively manage programs.
- Provide assistance to facility safety personnel with preparing Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs). Identifying each job step, documenting the possible safety hazard associated with the function, and developing safety guidelines where hazards are identified. In coordination with local management, JHAs may be utilized to train new employees, refresh training for current employees, investigate accidents, evaluate ergonomics, evaluate the efficiency of operations and identify cost savings. Develop and produce periodic reports to management showing job safety analysis results.
- Promote safety awareness throughout the facility using established programs in behavioral safety, hazard recognition, and accountability.
- Bring experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing and sustaining EH&S.
- Follow up on safety, workers compensation, liability or property claim investigations as related to root cause practices or behaviors and assist with identifying corrective actions.
- Represent company during federal, state and local health and safety inspections for OSI facilities or provide direction and guidance to facility safety personnel during facility inspections by federal, state or local agencies.
- Help coordinate and manage the standard work for hourly safety teams/coordinators.
- Ability to manage both the Geneva Facility and the Research and Development Facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental science, or related disciplines or equivalent subject matter knowledge skills and abilities acquired through work.
- 5 or more years of experience working in progressively more responsible safety and environmental roles in a manufacturing environment so as to be familiar with manufacturing equipment, environment and procedures.
- 1 or more years managing safety and environmental programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of governmental safety compliance regulations and their influence on manufacturing operations and policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage the work of others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both individually and in group settings, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve problems regarding policies, procedures and safety programs. Must have interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision-makers.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.