Oasis, a Paychex Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Manager
at Oasis, a Paychex Company
Overview: Responsible for managing the payroll operations and shipping and billing functions for a designated area. Ensures payrolls are processed in compliance with all Federal and State wage and hour, workers compensation and benefits regulations.
- Directs respective teams in the day to day operations of the payroll department, and provides hands-on knowledge to perform essential duties of the Team Members in their absence
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures: 1 Reviews and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the department 2) Works closely with other departments to ensure that procedures effecting payroll processing are followed 3) Ensures Team Members are trained on policies, procedures and systems as needed 4) Assists Oasis auditors to review company processes as needed
- Ensures that all new billing items, pay codes, deduction codes are properly set up for tax and accounting: 1) Maintains system State Minimum Wage Tables are up to date at all times
- Works closely with Director of Operations on Year End processing
- Collaborates with IT department on system upgrades as needed
- Adherence to all performance management processes and contributions to employee engagement through mentoring, departmental and one-on-one meetings, timely reviews and career pathing etc. resulting in high engagement scores from survey results
- Ensures compliance with SSAE16 requirements is followed and process improvements and automation contribute to completing payroll more accurately
- Assists teams in providing excellent customer service that translates directly to Client Satisfaction and Retention
- Organizational and departmental attainment of KPI
- Internal: All Departments
- External: Clients, Vendors, Prospects
- Regular office environment. Work primarily in a climate controlled environment.
- Travel Expectations: Very little travel likely
Skill / Requirements
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of payroll experience for multi-state environment with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity
Technical Skills: Payroll system knowledge including troubleshooting and root cause analysis; Excel and all Microsoft Office; HR Pyramid/Prism
Additional Certifications: FPC and/or CPP required
Other Requirements: Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to multi task; strong attention to detail; presentation skill
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.