NYU Langone Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic hospital, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across NYU Langone Health - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
NYU Langone Health's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
The Manager-Employee Relations is responsible for cultivating a positive Employee Relations by assisting in the development and administration of employee relations activities at the Medical Center. Designs, implements and maintains programs to facilitate positive relationships with non-union employees, and unions representing employees at the Medical Center in line with the institutions goals. Works with leadership and department supervisors to cultivate commitment among department staff, in support of its priorities. By understanding issues at the department level, functions as a strategic resource of information and support to department management, to resolve concerns. Engages in activities which ensure that Employee Relations is viewed as a beneficial and accessible resource for all Medical Center leadership and employees.
* Employee & Labor Relations- Provides advice, information, guidance and assistance to NYU Langone Health leadership in the administration of policies and procedures, performance assessment, contract interpretation, disciplinary and grievance issues, including corrective action for a large variety of departments at NYU Langone Health (including those involving high levels of management, and are politically or union sensitive).
* Grievance Administration-Responds to questions and problems regarding policy interpretation and implementation. Investigates the issues raised and gathers all pertinent data before making a recommendation. Interprets the collective bargaining agreement for union employees based on an analysis of each situation, maintaining consistency and taking past practices into consideration. Recommends appropriate performance evaluation or disciplinary action as needed.
* Arbitration- Reviews positions/arguments for cases via written summary in preparation for arbitration. Initiates and extends recommendations for terms of settlement for grievances in lieu of arbitration. Prepares thorough analysis of arbitrations and third-step non-union grievances specifying the strengths and weaknesses of the positions of both parties. Assists Legal Counsel in preparing for and representing NYU Langone Health at arbitrations and third-party proceedings as required.
* Third Party Proceedings- Investigates charges or complaints, filed with third party agencies. Conduct investigations into allegations contained with the charge. Interview supervisors, witnesses and others involved parties to assist in preparation of a response to charge. Provides assistance to legal counsel in responding to complaints and third party proceedings, including EEOC, NY State or City Dept. of Human Rights Charges, NLRB charges. Represent NYU Langone Health at conferences, hearings, etc.
* Training- Researches, develops, designs and presents training programs/sessions in all areas of Employee Relations. Researches material to develop courses and work with departmental leadership to determine determines future needs.
* Collective Bargaining- Participates in negotiations with Local 1199 SEIU, Local One Security Officers Union, Local 32B-J SEIU, and or Local 810 Teamsters as required. Identifies and researches potential issues which may arise during negotiations. Analyzes the union's proposal for feasibility of acceptance. Prepares viable counter-proposals as necessary. Consults with other sections within Human Resources to determine the impact proposed contract terms may have on NYU Langone Health. Consults with Department Heads to ascertain their priorities and the feasibility of their acceptance.
* Legal & Regulatory Compliance- Ensures NYU Langone Health is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to Employee Relations. Maintains an awareness of current regulatory requirements, interprets legislation (either new or changes to current) and court decisions on various employee relations issues as they affect the NYU Langone Health on an ongoing basis. Meets with representatives of the various regulatory agencies in order to provide them with requested data and ensure compliance. Reviews decisions and recommendations of regulatory agencies and initiates changes in response to deficiencies or regulatory requirements.
* Metrics- Maintains current, detailed and accurate information on work output within Salesforce. Maintains current and accurate information on the status of assigned Grievances and Arbitration within Onbase and Grievance Log.
Skills and Competencies:
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resources Management or Labor Relations.
* Minimum five years of progressive experience in Human Resources of which three years should be in Employee Labor Relations.
* Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Health demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.