Nusenda Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Risk Manager
at Nusenda Credit Union
Enterprise Risk Manager
Exciting opportunity to join one of New Mexico’s Top Work Places!
Nusenda Credit Union is one of the state’s largest credit unions, with assets of over $2 billion and with over 200,000 members for locations statewide. We have been voted one of the Top Workplaces and Healthiest Places to Work for multiple years! Being part of our credit union means being part of our community as The Power of WE. Our mission is to perform well, so we can do good - by putting money into our member-owner’s pockets and making a real impact in the communities we serve in. Nusenda Credit Union also contributes to statewide efforts in financial capability and economic development.
We are currently seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager. The Enterprise Risk Manager is responsible for the maintenance, development and innovation in the administration and monitoring of the Enterprise Risk Management program, Vendor Management program and related systems. Specific responsibilities include drafting risk and vendor management policies, procedures, and controls; and directing the monitoring and annual regulatory requirements of these areas. The chosen individual will be esponsible for motivating, informing, educating, developing and coaching staff to ensure financial objectives and service standards are met. Works closely with leaders across the organization to improve processes and member service.
- Develops Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report on enterprise risks (memberships/members, products, systems and processes).
- Ensures the organization’s risk management policies, strategies and practices are aligned with industry standards, internal policies and regulatory best practices; balancing business needs with safety and soundness requirement.
- Develops Vendor Management tools, practices, reporting and policies to ensure compliance with vendor due diligence regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and analyzing appropriate reporting of department and organization risk metrics and analytics to include all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for program strategies, process evaluation/maintenance/development, procedure review and development, and recommends changes as needed.
- Monitors and analyzes risks within the organization’s business units and reports on these risks. Manages testing process for upgrades and/or new releases of the Credit Union's vendor management and enterprise risk management software.
- Lead and / or participate actively in organizational project teams involving the department.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related Field
- Experience in all facets of Enterprise Risk Management and Vendor Management to ensure cross functional support to the department as a whole.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, deal with sensitive information and handle problem resolution.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to work with multiple levels of the organization.
- Development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills essential.
- Ability to motivate, influence and train others.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, Outlook, and all internal systems as affiliated with the department.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and proactively communicate.