Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Third Party Risk Manager, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As a Third Party Risk Manager, you will be responsible for compliance to MUFG's Third-Party Risk Management Program for third-party vendor relationship engagements for relevant business organizations or divisions. You will consult/advise the business on the management of all Third-Party program requirements.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will manage a rigorous schedule of third-party risk assessments and ensure a summary opinion regarding the nature of third-party performance is rendered and supported, along with the identification of any third-party risk issues.
- You will gather data and documentation necessary to complete the Third-Party Scorecard based on contractual obligations.
- You plan and facilitate Third-Party Performance Review meetings with Third Party and internal partners, taking all meeting minutes and handling any follow up activities relevant to Third-Party Performance.
- You will facilitate the escalation of Third-Party incidents or perpetual performance failures to the appropriate executive levels and or executive committees.
- You will document, review, research, and gather content and information on behalf of profiling the scope of services and inherent risks of the vendor. Ensure compliance of Third-Party Risk Assessments for assigned vendors.
- You will provide evidence for all TPRM procedural requirements in the TPRMS system of record.
- You will be responsible for ongoing monitoring documentation review, research, content gathering and document creation.
- You will provide issue documentation, research, review and reporting including collaboration with Third Parties and Third-Party Management stakeholders to resolve any deficiencies identified in the TPRM process.
- You will collaborate with the business partners and Third-Party relationship managers to remediate issues.
- You will prepare and analyze Third-Party risk reporting and program exceptions for management.
- You will maintain current working knowledge of regulatory requirements, Bank's Third-Party Risk framework, and relevant risk management policies and procedures by attending required training.
- You will ensure compliance with the Bank's Third-Party Risk Management objectives.
- You will maintain all files and records relating to vendor activities and maintains a current list of vendor contacts for timely resolution of issues.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 7+ years Third-Party Vendor Management, Contract Management or Business Analyst experience, preferably in relevant line of business
- Experience handling complex and dynamic Third-Party relationships
- Domain experience in relevant business line
- Knowledge of various regulatory bodies and guidance governing and monitoring the financial services industry
- Ability to interpret Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs) and identify gaps and/or terms to ensure service performance
- Strong analytical mindset, able to handle risks both at the micro and macro levels
- An innate ability to identify issues and work them to closure, including remediation and escalation where appropriate
- Strong communication skills
- Discretion and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize
- Desire and talent for building and maintaining relationships
- A dedication to protect the bank from all risk exposure
- Successful background reviewing complex data and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Experience working across a diverse set of partners with positive results
- Advanced experience with MS Office, Archer, Ariba, and SharePoint systems, preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.