Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project and Risk Manager
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As an integral part of a broader Corporate Accounting-Controllers team, the Project Specialist works with managers on corporate strategic initiatives, cross-organizational projects, process improvements, documenting instances of change, addressing operational risks, assessing risk mitigation, establishing and recording controls, and maintaining internal procedures. Regularly exercises discretion and independent discernment when collaborating primarily with team members and with external partners, to clarify goals, and develop a keen understanding and structure of the assignment. Direct responsibility to effectively and efficiently resolve business hurdles and drive the process as directed by management; includes coordinating the efforts of team members to execute according to established timelines.
- 50% -- Corporate Accounting-Controllers core project liaison and partner to the Finance, Central Project Management Office, and other core business initiative areas:
- Watch multiple business projects involving Corporate Accounting-Controllers, including business requirements development, functional & design coordination with technology partners, system and user testing, and deployment
- Attend all projects engagements and apply tactical and strategic recommendations for execution
- Identify process improvement and lessons learned to increase the effectiveness and efficiency aligned to the risk and control environment of Controllers and finance organizations
- Tracking, communicating and resolving of complex business or project issues and mitigate risks
- Develop and deliver management and project-related assessment presentations as needed
- 25% -- Corporate Accounting-Controllers Risk and Control subject matter guide and risk governance representative for Business Unit Risks and Controls, SOX-Controls Assurance and Advisory testing, and Internal Audits
- Evaluate our 1st line of defense operations related functions, identify relevant operations related processes, key risk metrics, governance processes, risk assessments, and reporting. Identify and recommend any enhancements needed to ensure appropriate governance and reporting are in place for operations related functions.
- Perform and lead our annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), gain in new operational risks, and review/challenge risks applicable to Corporate Accounting-Controllers
- Develop an accurate understanding of our risk profile and trend based on review of meaningful information and understand of the business, process, risk and the control environment and provide oversight and substantial insights
- Recommend any enhancements needed to improve and strengthen our RCSA process
- Handle our relationships with Business Unit Risk and Control Office (BURCO), Controls Assurance and Advisory (SOX) and System Application Owners (SAOs)
- Coordination with 2nd line of defense risk areas (Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Compliance teams) and 3rd line of defense; specifically Internal Audit of Americas (IAA)
- 25% -- Corporate Accounting-Controllers procedural custodian
- Ensure all internal and desktop procedures are up-to-date, aligned to a key function/control, and reviewed annually by Corporate Accounting management
- Develop in a central procedural repository location, index procedures, and allow the location to be assessable by internal team members, BURCO and SOX
- Identify instances of change in controls and procedures inspired by project initiatives, transformation, and process improvements. Propose updates and reviews of procedures with key stakeholders to preserve accurate and real-time documentation
- Bachelor's degree is required (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years in financial services experience required, preferable in banking
- 5+ years as a project manager or comparable experience
- Experience in risk identification control testing techniques
- Experience working with financial controls processes and procedural documentation
- RCSA experience is required
- Reciprocal team player: ability to promote teamwork and good working relationships among team members
- Proven ability to manage workloads and prioritize deliverables
- Strong written and verbal social skills
- Highly organized approach to work
- Broad view of the financial services industry
- Intermediate and advanced experience in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.