Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optimization and OFAC Model Risk Manager, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Reporting to the Director of Optimization and Model Risk Programs in Analytics and Informatics (AI), Financial Crimes Office Americas (FCOA), the Optimization and Model Risk Manager will be responsible for ongoing model risk management for FCOA's portfolio of models, including model documentation, ongoing model performance monitoring, and model validation coordination with America's Model Risk Management (AMRM). The position covers models for the Americas, including U.S., Canada, and Latin America. In addition, the position will support governance, management, and execution of the tuning and optimization program of BSA/AML/Sanctions model and non-model tools. Major Responsibilities:
- Lead and assist in the deployment and enhancement of model risk and optimization programs for the Americas, including U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
- Document and ensure models are in compliance with AMRM's Model Governance Policies on Change Management, Model Performance and Operational Controls.
- Create Model Owner documentation as required and in accordance with AMRM's guidelines
- Coordinate with AMRM on model validation engagements, including planning model validation and provisioning of request items
- Work with model users to ensure adequate testing and documentation of performance monitoring
- Lead and assist in tuning and optimization of Financial Crimes systems as applicable, including AML transaction monitoring systems, Sanctions filtering systems, and other model and non-model related tools.
- Lead and assist in the execution and ongoing compliance for Americas with Global Transaction Monitoring and Suspicious Activity Report Standard and Global Correspondent Banking Standard for AML transaction monitoring.
- Build and maintain positive relations within FCOA, AMRM, and GFCD global teams, and model users.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative fields, such as economics, mathematics, statistics, and computer science/engineering or other relevant discipline.Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in relevant work experience in the following areas:
- Model risk management in relevant capacity, including first line model owner, second line model risk management, and third line internal audit.
- Leading the development, implementation, and ongoing operations of BSA/AML/Sanctions tuning and optimization program.
- Experience with statistical modeling/data mining (decision tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis, etc.). A plus related to BSA/AML and fraud in the banking industry.
- Experience accessing and analyzing large volumes of data using SQL, SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, and SAS EMiner,
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills and detail-oriented and organized execution.
- Preferred candidate with experience in wholesale and investment banking and complex bank products and services.