Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Communications Officer, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10025580-WD-SECONDARY-45
Categories: Human Resources - Generalists, Advertising/Marketing/PR, Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
This position on the HR Communications team drives various HR Communications projects to ensure understanding of critical and transformational bank initiatives. Incumbent will work closely with HR Managers, team members and other bank leaders to develop and implement communications strategies designed to introduce new programs, initiatives, and organizational changes, reinforcing the overall vision of the bank and HR, while aligning and demonstrating the bank's values. The incumbent will play a key role in engaging,informing and inspiring the workforce by finding new opportunities to promote HR programs, fostering an integrated approach to communications that heightens awareness of the bank's Employer Brand and overall strategic focus.
The incumbent will have solid command of a wide variety of communications channels, including electronic, web, print, video and audio.
- Support organizational change initiatives with communications strategy and messaging, including working with HR Business Partners, Corporate Communications and Business Unit SMEs to align objectives.
- Work with HR and other internal clients to understand needs for communicating new programs in support of building a high-performance culture. Create and implement corresponding communications plans, working closely with HR Centers of Excellence, such as Organization Development, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent Acquisition and Staffing, and supporting HR Shared Services initiatives to ensure goals are met.
- Enhance communication within the HR team across the Americas by ensuring the team is informed about key organizational changes as well as new initiatives to improve service delivery and HR program ambassadorship. May include developing the internal HR Americas newsletter and assisting with HR Town Calls and other CHRO communications.
- Provide global communications support to Director of HR Communications and global HR Communications team.
- Strong understanding of bank culture and objectives; banking and financial services background necessary
- Solid understanding of the strategic role of HR in supporting and driving transformative change for the bank
- Superior communications planning and project management capabilities
- Enhanced relationship building skills
- Proven written and oral communications skills.
- The candidate must have the maturity to work independently, be proactive yet highly accountable, exercise good judgment in difficult situations, and be a valuable member of a broader team.
- Ability to interface effectively and strategically with senior management and peers throughout the company.
- Position requires high degree of creativity and ability to understand and frame HR messages in a manner that promotes understand and action, while providing compelling content.
- Ability to accept criticism and create consensus while maintaining high-quality editorial standards.
- College degree and post-graduate studies preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!