Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performance culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Ensure compliance for a major business division, product line, or operational system. Communicate, coordinate and monitor regulatory compliance policies, systems and procedures for the area of responsibility and conduct internal unit audits. Structure and implement efficient and effective compliance programs and functioning systems of internal control under the supervision of a Compliance Manager and in coordination with Corporate Compliance.
- Supervise the development of, including recommending and implementing, cost effective compliance strategies, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance within the area of responsibility by: -Ensuring the detection of deficiencies or violations of applicable laws and regulations; -As appropriate, bringing compliance issues to the attention of the Compliance Manager and Corporate Compliance; -Designing and coordinating corrective action.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in federal and state compliance laws and regulations and ensure that line managers are adequately informed.
- Initiate and coordinate changes necessitated by new or revised laws and regulations impacting the area of responsibility, including changes in policy and procedural manuals.
- Assist business units and/or marketing in developing new products to ensure early recognition and resolution of compliance concerns prior to implementation.
Minimum of four years of related experience in mortgage banking, consumer lending, corporate banking, deposit product management, branch management, international products, international operations, auditing, or other significantly regulated areas of banking.
Thorough working knowledge of Federal Regulations, Internal Control principles, Audit principles and techniques.
Well developed communications skills, analytical and project management skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.