Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager - Employee Relations/Talent Aquisition
at Mountain Park Health Center
The HR Manager, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition (HR Manager, ER & TA) oversees all aspects of the delivery of employee relations and talent acquisition services throughout the organizations. This position supervises the HR Business Partner position, working closely with facility leadership to ensure the HR Business Partners provide the appropriate level of service and competence throughout the Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) organization. The HR Manager ER & TA is also responsible for overseeing the execution of employee-related compliance initiatives and providing timely, meaningful updates regarding the employee relations and talent acquisition functions to the HR Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the employee relations responsibilities for the organization, including supervising the HR Business Partners’ efforts at facilities, and providing key direction in challenging and atypical employee relations matters
- Advise organization leadership on potential, anticipated, and developing employee relations concerns and trends
- Maintain a strong understanding of federal, state, and local employment regulations, including changes to those regulations
- Recommend company-wide compliance programs and standards for HR initiatives to the MPHC leadership (including the HR director)
- Oversee talent acquisition operations for the organization, including serving as a resource to the HR Business Partners and the HR Specialists as they staff their respective facilities
- Act as the company representative for third-party contractors supporting staffing initiatives
- Aid in the development of talent acquisition strategies based on workforce planning (i.e. succession planning, turnover forecasting, and anticipated organizational changes)
- Supervise the technical performance, competence, and execution of the HR Business Partner position and, indirectly, the HR Specialist position
- Direct and evaluate the overall performance of the HR Business Partner, incorporating the feedback of facility leadership and other appropriate stakeholders
- Serve as the in-house expert for employee relations and talent acquisition matters, maintaining an understanding of the competitive environment, government regulations, best practices within the disciplines, and the related needs and capabilities of MPHC
- Regularly attend work, in-person, potentially traveling to multiple facilities within a single shift
- Other duties as assigned
· Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors
· Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC
· Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function
· Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance
· Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers
· Extensive knowledge of full life cycle recruiting and experience with candidate generation
· Extensive knowledge of employee relations practices including best practices and strategies regarding employment investigations, discipline, leadership, separations, and other employee relations processes
· Experience navigating and influencing in a heavily matrix organization required
· Management of people experience (direct supervision) of employees required
· Personable, high energy individual that is passionate about recruitment and enjoys working in a fast paced, innovative, dynamic organization
· Superior relationship building and influencing skills of upper management
· Proven success in leading change to a team across a federated talent acquisition model
· Highly effective at getting to root cause and providing innovative solutions
· Strong analytics, budget management and business acumen required
· Working knowledge of employment laws applicable within the State of Arizona, including the development and implementation of Affirmative Action plans
· Ability to learn quickly and leverage flexible midst in response to shifting dynamics, adversity and/or change.
· Willingness and ability to travel to multiple facilities throughout the Phoenix Metro area
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Resources Management, or a similar program
· Master’s degree preferred
· 5+ years experience in HR with increasing responsibility, including responsibilities for employee relations
· Prior leadership experience in HR
· Working knowledge of employment law and best practices related to talent acquisition
SPECIALIZED SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Excellent analytical ability, strong judgment, management skills and the ability to work effectively with various levels of management and staff
· Close attention to detail
· Knowledge of benefit plans
· Thorough knowledge of company policies
· Ability to prioritize work and to competently address competing demands
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.