Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EHR Training Specialist - Gateway
at Mountain Park Health Center
The training specialist’s primary responsibility is to assist in facilitating, developing, designing and conducting EHR (electronic health record) training for all support staff roles. This position is an integral figure in implementing, maintaining and supporting the EHR application that Mountain Park Health Center uses and contributes to the successful adoption of the system. This person works as a secondary resource to the IT staff to improve training, usage and administration of the system. Frequent clinic visitation is a key responsibility of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Perform duties related to EHR system training and support staff workflow development
- Orientation and training of all new support staff on the electronic health record system
- Coordinate EHR training updates for all support staff
- Keep appropriate records and documents for all EHR training
- Assist with new EHR projects including implementation
- Receive and address EHR support issues at multiple clinic sites.
- Conduct trainings, as directed by management, used to strengthen employee skills and teach new skills.
- Formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods in regards to Support Staff curriculum (i.e. individual training, group training, lectures, conferences, workshops)
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Ability to perform due diligence and analysis independently when troubleshooting and supporting the EHR
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with minimum two years’ experience in training on EHR system.
- Proficiency in creating and evaluating formal training materials and course documentation.
- Strong, demonstrable experience providing customer service and training is required. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience with basic technical support of ECW/EHR applications, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lead others in a team environment and come to consensus on workflow/training related issues.
- Ability to effectively train and communicate with others.
- Ability to be an outside-of-the-box thinker, when it comes to problem solving.