MorningStar Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MorningStar Senior Living
MORNINGSTAR FOUNDATIONAL BELIEFS:
At MorningStar Senior Living we sincerely believe in caring for and loving the residents of our communities and that the human capacity to grow, to learn and to contribute is ageless. We consider it a privilege and responsibility to "cast a new light on senior living" through these foundational principles:
· Honoring God in our business practices and relationships, we are dedicated to strong moral values and ethics
· We value all seniors as gifted and contributing individuals
· We recognize the inherent quality of all human beings and are committed to enhancing our residents quality of life
· We are committed to hiring and retaining employees who use creative minds and compassionate hearts to serve our residents
With this vision, we will work to create a life of special moments for our residents
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Payroll Manager maintains payroll records, performs daily payroll and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of payroll transactions. In this role you will be involved in day-to-day payroll transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording payroll data. Support our multiple communities with any Payroll related issues and stay abreast of multi-state Payroll regulations.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Employees in this position will conduct business in a manner consistent with the highest standards of business ethics.
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- File tax reports
- Voluntary deduction reports
- Process involuntary deductions
- Train on payroll process & regulations
- Trouble shoot and serve as customer service support for basic ADP questions
- Reconciles W-2 information for accuracy
- Coordinates employee leaves of absence under FMLA, CFRA and other unpaid leaves
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles and department changes
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal / state income and social security taxes, employers social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments
- Balances payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements by advising management on needed action
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll process for all communities
- Process wage garnishments / child support orders
- Create manual check requests
- New hire reporting
- Bi-weekly overtime reporting
- Audit new hire process / rate changes
- Manage vacation and sick accrual process to ensure accuracy
- Train community level managers how to review/approve time
- Download bi-weekly payroll reports
- Dashboard reporting
- Perform other duties as specified by Vice President of Business Operations, Reporting Accountant, CEO & CFO
Skill / Requirements
Education: Minimum high school diploma; associates or bachelors degree in business, accounting or related field and CPP preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years payroll experience
Job Knowledge: Typing and telephone skills, use of calculators, computers, copy machines, payroll skills, tax reports, financial reports, government agencies that relate to finances (Department of Labor and IRS)
Professional Memberships: Preferred and encouraged to participate in outside community civic organizations and associations.
Other: Work well with people including staff and vendors, meet deadlines, organize and prioritize the work load, high degree of data entry accuracy