Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MGA Entertainment
Payroll Manager is responsible for creating and applying payroll-related policies and procedures, labor laws. This role is
responsible for managing payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees relating to new hires, rehires, promotions, raises, tax information, benefit deductions, awards, leaves of absence, expense reimbursements and bonuses, garnishments,
child support withholding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payroll Manager is responsible for directly handling the payroll function in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Payroll Manager will be responsible for processing payroll for 300 employees, garnishments, and verification of employments.
- Input and review payroll through internal and external payroll and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), such as ADP.
- Create and apply payroll-related policies and procedures, labor laws and Collective.
- Verify pay calculations of manual checks for accuracy in overtime, pre-tax deductions, social security wage limits, etc.
- Audit time labor management entries for correct pay calculations and ensure only authorized salary information is used, proper accounts are affected, and accruals are accurate.
- Complete and evaluate general ledger month-end procedure for payroll, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliation, adjustments and accruals.
- Defend and research budgeted vs. actual variances as relates to payroll accounts.
- Interface with employees and maintain confidentiality of employee information.
- Guide and support team members, as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing.
- Responsible for full life-cycle payroll processing.
- Ideal candidate should have 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong HRIS/online or cloud-based payroll software experience.
- Intermediate Excel skill required for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project management, organizational and time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Administration, Accounting) and 5-7 years of relevant experience or, the combination of education and experience.
- Professional Certification (CPP) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and have excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computers to enter; access and retrieve financial data.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to analyze situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Proven customer service and results orientation.
- Must be proficient in PC applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required to manage multiple,
concurrent requests and tasks and while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
Superlative interpersonal skills:
- High degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic, and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds; both internally and externally.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure in a very high-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under changing deadlines.
- Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from
others is encouraged.
- Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting MGA members.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at
MGA’s sole discretion.