MassBay Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MassBay Community College
The Payroll Analyst will work closely with the Payroll Accounting Manager and Payroll Administrator to ensure that all biweekly payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner. The Payroll Analyst will work closely with the Human Resources Office and Finance Department staff to provide necessary reports and will look to improve processes and procedures to allow for greater efficiency and workflow between the departments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter data in HR/CMS, including, but not limited to new hires and personnel changes;
- Maintain and verify all data in MMARS/LCM, including setting up profiles and combo codes;
- Administer Self Service Time and Attendance (SSTA) system, including running of weekly reports, training new employees, password resets, and W-2 retrievals;
- Review all Time Reporting Codes (TRCs) and secondary approvals for bi-weekly payroll run in SSTA and contact supervisors when needed;
- Enter time and attendance exceptions for full-time faculty on a weekly basis, including maintaining and filing weekly exceptions for auditing purposes;
- Process miscellaneous payroll compensation requests, meal, and travel allowances;
- Enter deferred compensation deductions per monthly reports and enrollment/deduction forms;
- Process miscellaneous deductions, including but not limited to union dues, health care spending account and dental deductions;
- Assist Payroll Administrator with a bi-weekly balance of full-time and part-time payroll by comparing base controls against preliminary payroll using predictive warehouse queries;
- Provide back-up support for faculty DCE contract entries;
- Run weekly reports in Luminist (Document Direct), Access/CIW Warehouse, based on Best Practices Procedures to ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll;
- Investigate issues and when necessary refer problems to the State Comptroller's Commonhelp;
- Complete employment verifications, retirement board forms, workers compensation and unemployment questionnaires;
- Review overtime for any errors and enter any comp time adjustments;
- Work with the State Comptroller Office to process garnishments;
- Administer sick bank program, including maintaining year to date balances.
- Prepare and send communications to employees regarding excess vacation hours;
- Track all-purpose leave taken by part-time MCCC union members;
- Process all final payments and leave buyouts for terminated/deceased employees;
- Enter year-end imputed income amounts;
- Maintain and file records as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Three years of payroll or related experience;
- Experience using Oracle or similar payroll processing system; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal payroll laws;
- Experience running reports and queries out of an HR/Payroll system.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Access or reporting software programs;
- Ability to analyze, calculate and administer financial data;
- Ability to communicate with others and write concisely.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- Ability to meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgement;
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, HR/CMS and MMARS;
- Experience in Higher Education.
Apply here: https://massbay.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=107829
Deadline: March 31, 2019 or thereafter until filled.